requa's profile

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 2:12 AM

Closed

Netflix App Failing on X1 Cable Box

This is the second time I ran into this issue this year. Accessing the Netflix app through the X1 cable box shows a message about entering a third-party app, then returns to my cable broadcast channel instead of entering Netflix. I can access Netflix fine through the app installed in my smart TV. I can access Prime Video and other apps through the X1 box. The only way to restore the proper functioning of the X1 Netflix app is to restart the X1 box, which takes several minutes and disrupts content on other TVs. How do I fix the Netflix app to keep it working properly?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hello, @requa. Thanks for reaching out about Netflix. Those are some great troubleshooting steps you tried with checking on another device and restarting the TVs. I have something else for you to try. If you have more than 1 cable box, you can just complete this on the main cable box. Please press the "A" button on your remote, then scroll to the right to where it says "Reset Netflix". Can you please reset the app? (You would need to know your login information). After resetting the app, then follow these steps to Clear Locally Stored Data From Your X1 Box. Restart the cable box then try Netflix out again. That would give you a totally clean slate to use the service on the box. 

Contributor

• 

141 Messages

@XfinityRay​ Thank you -- this appears to be the sort of drastic approach I needed to take. I followed these steps and am crossing my fingers. My concern is that after clearing locally stored data, the Netflix app in my X1 box still retained my login information, although multiple other apps required logging in again. Hopefully the problem is gone.

Problem Solver

• 

672 Messages

Keep us updated and let us know if it happens again. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

2 years ago

I run into this problem from time-to-time, happened earlier today, in fact.  But, I have always been able to connect to Netflix after trying again without needing to reboot the box.  

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

2 years ago

On several of my boxes we voice command Netflix and all we get is a grey screen. Only way out is to exit and it takes about a minute 

for the regular channel to appear. But if we then go and manually click on Netflix in the app section, it works

Problem Solver

• 

546 Messages

Hey there, @tbill1. Thank you for commenting on this thread. Did you try the steps outlined by XfinityRay above?

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

@XfinityTravis​ I didn't want to take those steps, as it will erase  my login info for all the apps.

This was suggested to solve the Paramount + issues and I didn't do it for the same reason. Glad I didn't because

the problem was evidently solved remotely by Xfinity. Hopefully they will solve this for Netflix when enough people complain.

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

We appreciate you sharing the additional workarounds for the loading issues with Netflix, and I'm glad to hear the recent updates resolved the issue for you. Please let us know if it happens again, and we can further look into what's causing this. 

Contributor

• 

643 Messages

When did I say my Netflix issue was resolved?  It happened again yesterday.

Official Employee

• 

746 Messages

Were you able to try the step mentioned to see if it resolved your issue? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

327 Messages

1 year ago

My Netflix app on X1 box says no internet found. Works on roku and all other X1 apps work fine. Paramount plus. Amazon. Hulu. HBO max. Also peacock now will not work on X1 box

Contributor

• 

327 Messages

1 year ago

My Netflix app on X1 box says no internet found. Works on roku and all other X1 apps work fine. Paramount plus. Amazon. Hulu. HBO max. Also peacock now will not work on X1 box   Just posting again to try to get a reply. Thanks

Contributor

• 

73 Messages

1 year ago

We have had a similar problem with Netflix.  The restart (takes 10 min.) fixes the problem.  It is happening now for the last three days.  In addition, we are also getting messages there there is no internet.  What is happening?  Other apps like HBO, work just fine.

Contributor

• 

327 Messages

@Anon1375032​ I finally had a repair man come to the house - it took him literally 5 seconds to fix the problem.  The problem as he said was the box i had was the white light box - These boxes are failing nationwide after a comcast update and they are swapping out the X1 boxes with new boxes - (blue light and digital clock is back.  If you have the old white light box - get it swapped out.  It is hard to get any customer service person to send out a technician but you can if you are "stern enough"  Hope this helps.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here