ust82gopher's profile

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Saturday, November 5th, 2022 12:39 AM

Closed

NBA League Pass not working on Xfinity Stream

I purchased NBA League Pass this evening through my home Xfinity TV box.  Works great - has watching the 76ers game.

I needed to move into another room that does not have a TV.  I tried to use Xfinity Stream on my iPad to continue watching.  No go!  I get an error - Subscription Required - TVAPP-00203.  Your subscription does not include this channel.

I'm at home, on the same WiFi network.

Any idea what is going on?

TM

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I’m having the exact same issue. Xfinity, what’s the solution?

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

Ditto for me - not willing to call and waste 40 minutes of my existence to troubleshoot this.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_39c0f6, thanks for reaching out for help with the NBA League pass. Are you trying to stream this through the Xfinity Stream app, or the NBA League Pass app? You should be able to download the NBA app, and during sign in it will ask you to pick your provider. Once you pick Xfinity and sign in with your Xfinity user ID, it should like your account and give you access to the streaming content. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

I just talked with NBA league pass tech support. They only allow streaming through their proprietary NBA app. When you download their app it will ask you to register- and one of the steps is to select your TV provider. I selected Xfinity and the NBA app asked me to sign in to my Xfinity account. I did - and now my Xfinity account in linked.  I can now watch the stream of all games through the NBA app even though I signed up on my tv through Xfinity. 

But Xfinity Stream will never work. NBA does not allow other apps to stream.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

This worked last season on the Xfinity app on my Roku without issues.  This season it is not and when speaking with Xfinity support they say they have an open ticket for this NBA League Pass outage they are currently working to resolve.  The NBA for the $99 allows 1 simultaneous stream so when you stop on one device you are allowed to watch on another.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

It isn’t even linking my Xfinity account in the NBA app. It says that I don’t have the subscription but I am paying for it. There were not these problems last year - very frustrating

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

@user_de160b​ 

Same exact issues here, get the error messages on Xfinity Stream and waiting for any updates on pending ticket. I guess more people have to report it as an issue for it to get enough visibility with technical team or something, it needs to be fixed.  Worked fine a couple days and then just stopped.

I also have your exact issue with the NBA app too.  Signs me in to my Xfinity account, and then nothing.  Won’t connect or recognize my League Pass Xfinity subscription.  It looks similar to OP’s picture above, but there is nothing there at all for me once signed in above the “xfinity sign out of your provider” box.  I don’t understand why these apps just don’t work and can’t be fixed.

Official Employee

• 

800 Messages

Thank you for letting us know, @ust82gopher!

As @XfinityOtto mentioned below, we are aware of the issue and it is being worked on with urgency. We appreciate you all letting us know this was happening so it can be addressed! And thank you for your patience in the meantime! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I have the same problem too. NBA League Pass worked on the Xfinity App on my phone and laptop for the first few games of the season. However, starting last week, November 1st, I was no longer able to stream League Pass.  I got the same 00203 error code. It still works fine on my TV, through the cable box, but I only get the error code on my phone and laptop. 

I put in a trouble ticket with Xfinity, and they claim to be fixing the problem, but I have yet to hear back. 

I then figured that the NBA may have reneged on allowing cable companies to stream League Pass, forcing people to use the NBA App. So just as was said before, I downloaded the NBA App, linked to my Xfinity account, and still nothing. It says that I am not subscribed to League Pass, even though I am. 

Frustrating as a Spurs fan living in California. Been having to fight with the wife for the TV every night just to watch the Spurs. LOL. 

Hope they can resolve this, but it’s not looking good. 

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

2 years ago

comcast has been having problems with both the nba league pass and nhl center ice all season.  when I was unable to get the games to tune in on the tv I registered on the nba.com app and linked my xfinity account.  the picture quality is far better--I have a 4k tv but comcast doesn't broadcast the games in 4k.  but if I stream from the app on my tv i get the games in 4k.  

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

@UNCNU​ 

How are you linking your Xfinity account in the NBA app?  I am following all the help instructions, and it just won’t work for me.  I’m logged into the NBA app, I log into Xfinity under subscriptions, and then nothing happens.  Is there some additional mystery step I need to take, or is mine just not working, just like the Xfinity Stream app?  
Will post a couple pictures right after this showing that I’m signed in to Xfinity, yet it still won’t acknowledge my LP subscription, still says “upgrade to watch.”  

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

when I did it there was a link that said sign in with your cable provider and I selected xfinity.  it then had me sign into xfinity and it worked.

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

2 years ago

Photo of the NBA app signed in to Xfinity.

Problem Solver

• 

497 Messages

Hi, @

We are aware of this issue and are working to get it resolved ASAP. 

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

Crazy! As of this morning I can cast now but my channel list is ALL [Edited: "Language"], and some channels that I had before are missing! 

(edited)

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 years ago

Looks like I can now watch NBA League Pass channels on Xfinity Stream again.  I was able to from my iPhone, my Roku, and my PC so all is good in my world now. :-)

(edited)

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

Same here getting Subscription Required - TVAPP-00203 for all channels!!!

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

Crazy! As of this morning I can cast now but my channel list is ALL [Edited: "Language"], and some channels that I had before are missing! 

(edited)

Contributor

• 

30 Messages

2 years ago

It’s fixed now! Thank you! 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m having the same issue the NBA says I’m signed in but it still wants me to subscribe? 

what is the solution to watch on the nba app? 

Official Employee

• 

443 Messages

@GDAWG623  You would want to sign up at NBA.com and link your Xfinity account. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I purchased the League Pass at NBA.com.  How do I now use that account to watch on my TV?

I can use my IPad and log into NBA.com and put in my user name and password. But directly on my Xfinity connected TV how do I do this?

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

@user_c2d3d4​ If you purchased from NBA.com rather than comcast you'd either have to download the nba app on your tv if it has it or if possible stream from your ipad to your tv.  I purchased from xfinity and then signed up on nba.com and linked accounts--that allows you to both watch via comcast and stream.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here