corgisandweims's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, December 23rd, 2021 6:35 AM

Closed

Nap/sleep mode

Well, apparently, I’m not the only one complaining about this, but all the other cases are closed, and I can’t comment.

concast/xfinity still hasn’t fixed the issue of the nap mode. I can’t sleep without the tv on, so I leave it on all night. It automatically turns off after 4 hours, and then wakes me up when it turns off, cause I can’t sleep without the noise. I also leave it on for my dogs when I leave the house and it turns off on them, as well. I set the power saver mode to off, and it still does it. With as many other people as I’ve seen complain about this, why hasn’t it been fixed yet? I want to be able to leave my shows playing all day and/or night without it going into nap mode. I’ve been with Comcast for many years, and it didn’t used to be that way. I used to be able to leave my tv running all day and night with no interruption. I want that back!

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @corgisandweims, and thank you for reaching out with this inquiry. As you may already know, there are two modes for your TV Box when there has been no activity for four hours. Power Saver Mode, which conserves your power, and Nap Mode, which does not save power. Your TV Box will automatically go into Nap Mode after four hours of inactivity if you do not have Power Saver on. Currently, there isn't an option to turn off Nap Mode. Please click here to our FAQ. We will pass along your request for another option. If you need any further help, please feel free to reach out at anytime!

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

@XfinityJoshuaE​   I pay over $250 month!!  I want answers and we should be refunded $50 month for this ridiculous feature that cannot be explained nor disabled.  It even says in description that they cannot even be sure it is actually saving power!!  Please  Let us all know how to contact someone higher up to address.  Thanks

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I strongly agree there should be a way to turn off Nap Mode AND turn off Power Saver so that I can watch TV without having a crucial moment interrupted by a stupid “Are you awake?” message. Does your company seriously think no one will ever watch TV longer than four hours at a time? 

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

When you pay for a cable service the customer should be the one to determine when the TV comes on and when it goes off.  Get rid of the

Are you awake message and subsequent turn off option.

Visitor

• 

23 Messages

3 years ago

Totally agree!  Same issue.  We pay big money to comcast for TV!! It should be OUR choice to leave it on.  If they are gonna act like our parents and make it turn off then Comcast need to greatly reduce their prices!! This id BS.  They dont even tell their employees or customers thst they added this feature that overrides power saver and is shortens watching time options even more than power save with NO means to opt out.  And in description page... they cant even confirm it saves power!! So  why then?? The BIG WIGS need to answer their customers!! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here