trap6435's profile

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Saturday, August 21st, 2021 7:35 PM

Closed

Multiple TVs on Comcast Xfinity TV?

Can I run one X1 DVR + TV and seven non-dvr cable boxes + TVs on Comcast Xfinity cable TV?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, it depends on the type of boxes you are wanting but ultimately we can get you the total number of boxes, sometimes it just takes a bit of tinkering with number of DVRs and regular boxes. Send me a Direct Message with your name and address and we can get into specifics. 

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Email will be just fine, 

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Thanks! A few tech questions. Is there enough signal strength to support that many cable boxes or would an amplified splitter be needed? Does Comcast have amplified splitters? Would we be limited to watching only six different programs at a time? Are the remotes RF or infrared (RF - through walls /around corners, infrared - line of sight only)? What is the effective distance for remotes? Would each cable box have its own remote or would any remote work on any box? All cable boxes are HDMI output? What are the dimensions of the X-1 DVR and the non-DVR boxes?  Rather than shipping equipment, could I pickup at a store? Hadn’t thought about Roku, I will research. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

These are all amazing questions. Can you direct message us, please to get into account specific details? Make sure you are signed in with your Xfinity credentials.

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have a similar problem.  I had an XG1v4 DVR, three XiD non-DVRs and four DTAs.  In order to get X1 capabilities on the TVs with DTAs, I exchanged the DTAs for XiD non-DVRs after assurance from an Xfinity store rep that everything would work.  Unfortunately, only five non-DVRs can be plugged at a time, apparently due to limits on the number of tuners in the XG1v4 DVR.  How do I enable X1 capabilities for all eight TVs?  Do I need to exchange one of the XiD boxes for an XG series box?  Add an XG series box in line with the XG1v4?

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

@user_c58c22

Here’s another question, is there enough signal strength to support that many tuners? How do you know?

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

Did you use passive splitter(s) or a lossless splitter like PPC Entry? Did you do your own install?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Yes, I swapped the boxes myself. Signal seems to be fine. From other threads relating to the error code, this seems to a common issue when you have more non-DVR boxes than there are tuners in the DVR box, although I’m not a tech and could be wrong. 

Contributor

• 

47 Messages

It would be great if somebody from Comcast tech could way in on these questions

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_c58c22. To clear a few things up here, with our XiDs as X1 devices, this can be up to 3 per XG (XG1/XG2) device. So if you are looking for more you'd need additional XG boxes on file. (Please note if you are considered an all IP customer which does everything off of the internet connection, this may not apply to you, and the requirements may be different)

Is the concern for you that you cannot access DVR on all 8 TVs or more of the issue they aren't working on the X1 system as you'd like? If the above information does not answer your question, we will  be happy to help explain or go over this further. We appreciate your patience in getting a response and attempting to work with our community here on forums. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here