G

7 Messages

Monday, May 6th, 2024 10:51 PM

Moving to a new place, installing X1

So I've signed up for Xfinity TV and Internet at my new place. I don't have a TV there yet. There's only one coax outlet in the whole place and it's not in the room where I want the main TV. They told me that their X1 boxes are wireless, but I read in another thread that some of them are wireless but not all. I don't know which box I'll be receiving. I'm planning on having an X1 box on the main TV and just using the streaming app on the other. But I'm not sure how well that will work if the box that I receive isn't wireless. Can the wireless boxes also work on coax?

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

4 months ago

Good evening @Gw1594, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums, we hope you are having a wonderful day so far. We are happy to assist with your TV box questions and concerns. That is correct that we do have both wired and wireless TV boxes. Our Wireless TV Box communicates wirelessly with the Xfinity wireless gateway, but it does require a power cord plugged into an outlet and an HDMI connection to the TV. We'd be happy to review your order to see what box you will be receiving and if needed, we can assist with replacing it. To get started, can you please send us a Direct Message with your first and last name along with the service address on the account? To send a "Direct Message" ("Private") message: Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message chat" icon
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here