1225's profile

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

Friday, December 15th, 2023 9:16 PM

Closed

Most channels are unwatchable on all cable boxes

Many channels won't tune in at all due to XRE-03059 (the most common error we're getting by far), XRE-03090, XRE-03062, or XRE-03121 errors while many of the channels that will tune in either pixelate or freeze and stutter. Most of the error messages say that technicians are working on the problem but when I check Status Center or the Outage Map, Comcast doesn't seem to be aware of a problem much less working in it. Today, I saw an Xfinity truck in front of a neighbor's house and a tech up on the pole behind our houses for over an hour. I don't know what they were doing up there as they didn't speak to anyone but nothing is fixed. At least not for us. 

The error messages and pixelations started Saturday around 6PM local time. I checked the wires to all the boxes and they're in good shape and tightly connected to their inputs and outputs. I've done box restarts, system refreshes, and power cycles and they didn't help with any of the problems.

I did an online chat Monday and they said that it would take about two hours for "diagnostics and resolutions to complete" but it's been four days since that chat and the problem hasn't improved. And when I said so in the follow up text, the link to set up a tech appointment wouldn't load. 

We're able to watch our channels on the Xfinity Stream app on our Rokus and smart TVs. The internet tested slowly on Saturday night and we had some intermittent drop outs (very rare for us) on Wednesday but otherwise, the internet has been fine. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

6 months ago

@1225 Thank you so much for your post on these error codes you are encountering. The XRE error codes are commonly due to a bad connection between the boxes and your home network. There is a quick refresh you can do on your end to help refresh the connection! Press the A button on your remote control, or visit the Help section in Settings. (Saying “System Refresh” into your Voice Remote will take you to step three.) Highlight the System Refresh tile, and press OK. 

You can do this on all the boxes you have been running into issues on, and I would recommend starting with the big main box first. Let me know if you are still running into issues after you give that a try! 

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

6 months ago

It didn't work. We're still getting errors on many channels and of the channels that will tune in, many pixelate. These pics are examples what I'm getting on all three boxes an hour after the latest refresh. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@1225 I'd be happy to do some more in depth troubleshooting to see if we can get these issues resolved. I know how frustrating it can be to try to watch your favorite shows and run into issues. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to Xfinity Support to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

51 Messages

6 months ago

Xfinity Support sent a tech out to the house on Tuesday and fixed the problem. Thank you. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@1225 - Thank you for circling back and providing an update for the community! It was a pleasure for our team to work with you, and I just want to thank you again for taking the time to do some remote troubleshooting with us before scheduling the technician, who seemed to resolve this concern (I'm so glad!) Please do not hesitate to create a new post should any other questions arise, and we'll always be here for you and your family :) Happy Happy Holidays!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here