careyw's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Thursday, August 8th, 2024 8:36 PM

MLB Extra Innings Games Glitching on Playback

MLB Extra Innings games are freezing when trying to fast forward - then they skip back to where I started or the screen just goes black or kicks me out of the recording. I essentially can't fastforward through any games and that's how I watch the games. This isn't a new problem and it appears a lot of people have been having the same problem.

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 month ago

I'd really like someone from Xfinity to respond to this and try to solve the issue.  This isn't the first issue we've had with MLB this season (and this problem has been going on for more than one season).  I'll be looking into other alternatives for both my cable and access to MLB games if they can't figure out how we can actually use all the features we are paying A LOT of money for.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

1 month ago

Hey, @careyw! Thank you for taking the time to create a new post regarding these playback issues with your MLB Extra Innings games. I'm sorry to hear about the frustration you've experienced, and I'd love to see what our Digital Care Team can do to help! What devices are experiencing this problem when attempting to watch the games (i.e. TV Box, streaming device such as Roku, smartphone, etc.)? May I also ask what troubleshooting steps you've taken when it happens? Everything you provide can be a help, so thank you in advance for working with us on this!

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

It's only on the TV box.  I tried streaming a game once and it seemed to work fine.  Not sure what you mean by troubleshooting, I try fast forwarding over and over and it seems to randomly do different things - not going forward at all, sometimes going to a random spot in the recording, freezing altogether, kicking me out of the recording.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@careyw - Got it. This is just happening during playback of DVR recordings on the TV Box? Here are some things you can try if you're having trouble with your Xfinity DVR recordings:

• Restart your TV box: Press and hold the power button on the front of the DVR box for 10 seconds.
  • Check your connections: Make sure all cables are securely connected, especially the coax cable to the outlet. Loose connections can cause pixelation.
  • Check your storage space: If your recordings aren't showing on the Xfinity Stream app or website, you might need to free up some space in the cloud. To check your storage, press the Xfinity button on your remote, then select Saved > Recordings.
  • Check your settings: Make sure recording is enabled.

Please let me know if any of this helps resolve it for you. If not, we may have to have you send us a direct message in order for our team to take a closer look at the account, service, and equipment. Thanks!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

It's only MLB Extra Innings games which leads me to believe it's something to do with only those channels, or the MLB feed.  We've had other issues with MLB games, most recently the games weren't even showing up, and after days of troubleshooting and finally getting someone at xfinity to figure out what the problem was they got it fixed (not an issue specific to us, but from the MLB Extra Innings feed, I believe).  The most serious issue currently happening is that sometimes when I replay a game on DVR and try to fast forward that game will freeze and then disappear and I won't be able to get it back, so I never get to watch it at all.  I've seen in other discussions that other people have had the same issue and were as frustrated as I am that we pay so much for this subscription and it's so difficult to watch what we've paid for.

By the way, none of suggestions are helpful, specifically the check my storage space and making sure recording is enabled.  Those are just not responsive at all to what I've told you the problem is.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @careyw, Thank you for the update we appreciate it! I know how frustrating it can be when you're paying for a service and not able to enjoy your services, but rest assured we will get to the bottom of this and get you taken care of. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to look into this for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here