U

Wednesday, September 18th, 2024 2:40 PM

make a complaint

I have been on the phone 5+ times with Tech support. They said I had a box problem. This is a box I have in my office no my DVR box. I was getting a message on my TV from I believe was the box Sn [Edited: "Personal Information"] which is a smaller box in my office. With this box it allowed me to use voice, pause, and record to my DVR. I started getting a message from what I figured was the box "Instant Replay Card Removed To pause or rewind live insert card" After 4 calls they said they would send me a new box. What shows up is a box that is a DVR. The 5th call said that it should work. Plugged it in and it sat on BOOT for and hour before I disconnected it. They were running a test and said they would call me back but didn't. I did ask if having 2 DVR's was a problem and they said no. Also was I going to be charged for a second DVR came to my mind. When the 2nd DVR just stayed on BOOT I called a 6th time. Was told I could get a call back in 10 to 20 min. No call back. Called a 7th time and go disconnected 2 times. I am going to take the box to an xfinity store and return the DVR and get a new box for my office.  Xfinity gives no breaks to seniors on a fixed income when the TV is most important at that age for enterainment. Now you can't even get phone support you can trust or you need to pay for a serviceman to come to your home. Paying for a serviceman to come to your home is just greedy when you spend over $250 a month for service.

Official Employee

• 

960 Messages

13 hours ago

user_o4m6jm Hello there, and thanks for reaching out to Xfinity. My apologies that you are having to keep calling Xfinity on the phone, and not get your problem resolved. A second DVR would incrue an additional charge for a DVR. Going to the Xfinity store and swapping it out for a box that is the same as your old one, is the best thing to do. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here