M

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, September 19th, 2024 6:08 PM

Main DVR box works, 2 satellite boxes getting RDK-10000 errors after daily update (X1 service)

I'm told there is an outage in the area that I may be a part of but...my main DVR box is working fine yet my two small satellite boxes are getting RDK-10000 errors. This has been happening since the boxes did their daily update early this morning. I've tried tightening cables, rebooting, etc. and still neither satellite box will connect.

I do not have xfinity internet so my satellite boxes must connect via MoCa.

How is it possible that my problem is related to an outage in the area if my main DVR box is working as it should?

Accepted Solution

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

14 hours ago

Late afternoon while watching TV on the working main DVR box, it rebooted then rebooted again. A few minutes after the box came back up from the 2nd reboot the 2 satellite boxes started working normally. I don't know if they also needed an update to start working again.

I was down for 8-9 hours or so yesterday. All seems fine today. Glad it didn't take too long here in the Maryland suburbs of DC for xfinity to fix it's box-breaking daily update.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 day ago

I have the exact same issue. Seems they busted something when they pushed the update. They originally told me it would be working again by early this afternoon , but it still isn’t and they won’t give me a new estimate. 

2 Messages

1 day ago

Same issue.  Talked to tech support twice today.  Latest estimate for a resolution is 10:30am CDT on Friday.

1 Message

1 day ago

Same here near Pittsburgh.  Main box is fine but satellite boxes have error.  Been on phone with tech support.  They actually called me back this evening with info that back room was working on a fix to be pushed out by Friday.  Fingers crossed.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here