U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Fri, Oct 22, 2021 3:23 PM

Low Volume

I recently switched from DirecTV to Xfinity wireless boxes and I am experience very low volume when using my Xfinity service as compared to every other input on my Marantz receiver.  I contacted customer service who ran diagnostics on my box only to inform me that nothing was wrong with the box or the audio settings. 

My home theater receiver audio settings were calibrated by a professional, so I not going to tinker with those to get better sound from the Xfinity box, especially when every other source works just fine.

The customer service rep I encountered offered to send a technician out to check the box/setup, however if it is determined that the box is operating as designed, I would be charged a $100 service fee.

This appears to be a known issue, however I haven't seen a posted resolution to the issue.

XfinityAbbie

Official Employee

• 

692 Messages

1 m ago

@user_b05d1d Hello and thank you for taking the time to reach out. I am sorry to hear you are having some audio issues on your cable box. I can understand how this would be frustrating, and I want to help in any way I can. It is true that there would be a service call fee if we find that our equipment is working properly, but I totally don't blame you for not wanting to change any settings. May I ask what the model your Marantz receiver is? 

New to the Community?

Start Here