Jroc063's profile

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, November 15th, 2022 2:43 AM

Live TV delay

I have a newer generation 4K DVR Model AX014ANC and 4K Mini. I also have the 1GB modem. Similar to other customers my broadcast for live tv is delayed by 45-50 seconds in comparison to other non-Xfinity customers. The odd thing is that the Xfininty stream app is also 45-50 seconds ahead of my box broadcast (also similar to other Xfininty customers). I have one additional 1080p box it that broadcast sounds like it's about 1 second faster than the main DVR and wireless 4k mini. Restarting the boxes does not fix the issue. I doubt Xfininty even considers this an "issue." And, this is not the same delay as television production broadcast use to censor. Again, if on the phone with friends with other providers, their conversation, broadcasts, messages, texts, etc. are all ahead of me by far. If this is just an Xfininty thing, please confirm rather than suggesting some phantom problem without an actual solution. 

Is there a solution to the delay or is this just an expectation for the service?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have switched out cable boxes (4k and regular) at the xfinity store and it doesn't seem to matter what cable box you use, it still has the delay mentioned above when watchign live sports.  I am even getting the streaming app on the Roku to show about 5 seconds before the cable box when watching live sports.  What can be done to fix this?  I even watched the world series on a computer connected to my tv, because it was way ahead of my cable box.  Shouldn't have to run things through the different apps or a connected computer to the tv, when I am paying to watch through the cable box in my opinion.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 months ago

I have the same issue. I have to turn my phone upside down when watching football so that I don't get spoiled by my friends who are one play ahead. My technician says that some areas are just slower than others, but I think it is ridiculous that streaming on the ESPN website is faster than watching on my cable. I had another provider at my previous residence and there was no delay like this. There has to be a way for Comcast to fix this.

Official Employee

• 

554 Messages

Thank you for reaching out to the Xfinity Forum team. Is this happening to sporting events only or all channels?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Unsure if this happens on all channels, but I can confirm that EVERY sporting event is delayed by somewhere between 55-75 seconds compared with other cable providers, and Xfinity lags behind even Roku by 5-10 seconds, which is ABSURD. The only reason I still have cable service is to avoid the delays of streaming. This issue began around the time of MLB playoffs 2022 (so, October 2022) and has persisted to even this very moment. As I type this, I am watching ESPN's broadcast of a college bball game (hook em) on a roku in one room as I can hear the Xfinity broadcast lagging behind by about 8 seconds in the other room.

XFINITY - Answer your [Edited: "Language"] customers! Why is this happening? Is there a solution, or is this the new age (aka the end) of cable TV service? ..rest assured, you are guaranteed to lose one customer if this is the new normal, and it doesn't sound like I would be alone.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

18 days ago

Has this issue been addressed? I have been having the same issue. I don’t want to hear that there is a broadcast delay . It is extremely frustrating that the fees/bills are extraordinarily high for this service but yet we have to deal with issues such as what has been addressed above  . Please advise or I will also be switching to another service

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

15 days ago

50 to 70 seconds delay. Xfinity reps will not be able to do anything. This is the standard of service. This is watching on X1 with X1 Sports Zone app. Game is already in half time but on screen is about one minute delayed. 

XfinityKyla

Official Employee

• 

340 Messages

I'm sorry this is happening and I'd like to try and help! Have you attempted to restart your box?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

15 days ago

Is there any resolution here?  Every sporting event is behind 1 minute plus.   My kids are urging me to switch to another provider as watching any game is so frustrating as alerts are coming in way in advance of the plays actually happening.  Neighbors on xfinity in Monmouth Junction where are live are all having the same complaints.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums. We would be happy to help with troubleshooting the issues you have had with your TV. I completely understand how frustrating it is to watch sports if they are delayed. Have you tried any troubleshooting on your end? Are you only having the issue with live sports on a specific channel or what channels are effected? 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

15 days ago

8 days since my last message, no reply from Xfinity. Two more customers confirming they're having the same issue. Where the FFFF are you, Xfinity? Or maybe the customer service's own alerts have a similar delay? Probably with this trash juice service Xfinity now provides. Be a sport and let at least your most affected customers know if we're propping up an already dead business. Xfinity = Bernie (of Weekend At Bernie's), and we're just Richard and Larry without the upside of a party mansion.

XfinityBilly

Official Employee

• 

258 Messages

Hi @user_c3a180. I am checking in to see if your live video is still delayed.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

14 days ago

After repeated efforts to have this addressed  by Xfinity “top technicians” and other posts and responses, I find the Xfinity company line to be consistently dismissive, ignorant and evasive to the point that they are either hiding the truth from customers or have such sub-standard technology that they are forced to play stupid regarding this ongoing, persistent issue. Anyone who watches live sports and other shows should do like me and find a new provider. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here