Mrjones4113's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, June 17th, 2020 11:00 AM

Closed

LG Magic Remote won’t pair with my X1 box

I just got a new LG TV with the magic remote when I try to pair the X1 box i have with it I try all the codes LG comes up with and none work. Any suggestions?

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@Mrjones4113 wrote:
I just got a new LG TV with the magic remote when I try to pair theX11 box i have with it I try all the codes LG comes up with and none work. Any suggestions?

does the TV's owner's manual say it is possible to use an IR remote? On another post IIRC the magic remote from the LG TV uses bluetooth or similar not IR.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

@Mrjones4113 wrote: ... LG TV with the magic remote ... pair the X1 box ...

Does https://forums.xfinity.com/t5/X1/pairing-LG-Magic-Remote-with-Xfinity-box/m-p/3332024#M188589 help?

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I’ve tried all those things. Certain codes that the LG magic remote suggests will show the channels and the shows on the channels but the volume and the channel up-and-down buttons do not work. It’s like it doesn’t have the correct code for my cable box in the LG database.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

I think we figured this out.  The magic remote needs to be closer/more direct line with the x1 box (not sure what the actual techology difference is). So, set up the remote with the remote in a very direct, close line with the X1 box.  Once we did that, we could change channels, and then you can experiment with the actual placement of the box.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here