U

Friday, February 23rd, 2024 11:39 PM

Closed

Issue with coax cables and splitters

I have a double cable coming in from the street that has been there since at least the 80s. Is one end of that cable not transmitting a signal? I've been getting daily intermittent black outs that last a couple minutes, and I suspect maybe there is a weak signal because one of those cables is connected to a couple splitters. On the side of the house, one end is going to on splitter and the other end is going to another splitter. And then two additional double cables going to two different rooms are connected to one end of each splitter. And inside those rooms, there is only one end of that double cable that gets attached to anything (which is the cable in port)

Are there devices that can test which end of the signal is actually transmitting a signal?

Here's what's going on:

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

7 months ago

Hey there @jpuccia thanks so much for reaching out about these intermittent blackouts.  Have those been a recent phenomenon, or been going on for a long time? Are these issues relegated to the 2 rooms off those splitters? Based on how you described this, the signal is getting cut in half with each splitter along the line, so we may have too many in the home.  

We can check those signal levels on our end and provide expert advice. 

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, clicking on the pen and paper icon, then entering “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address, and I'll be happy to help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here