cculberson's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

11 Messages

Monday, May 6th, 2024 2:06 PM

Intermittent HD picture loss/pixilation in Houston Tx 77079, Fleetwood neighborhood-wide issue

Us along with dozens of other neighbors on Comcast/Xfinity have been experiencing HD TV channel drop outs along with image pixilation since last week's storms hit.  The issue is not unique to any one HD channel.  I tried to convey this to the support folks via Xfinity chat yesterday to no avail as he refused to listen and adhered to his prescribed premise equipment troubleshooting flowchart of “check that you cable box is plugged in”, “power cycle your cable box”, “I’ll send a refresh signal to it”, etc., etc. which of course was of no help. After an hour of back and forth I finally capitulated and gave up. 

Seems to be occurring about every 10-15 mins this morning, clears up after 10 seconds or so and then repeats again. Using our X1 DVR set top box diagnostics during a failure this morning, I have confirmed our signal strength is good and stable. Given this along with the fact neighbors are experiencing the identical issue at the same time indicate an intermittent upstream cable distribution equipment failure. 

Please escalate this to your field distribution network techs for diagnosis.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

12 days ago

Hello, @cculberson

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? To send a direct message:

1. In the top right corner, you'll see a little chat icon near the bell icon. Click the direct message icon

2. Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

3. In the 'To' line, type "Xfinity Support" there. A drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list (an "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line)

4. Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

5. Press Enter to send it. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. Thanks!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here