U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, February 3rd, 2022 1:27 AM

Closed

Information about support for multiple TVs in multiple rooms

Where would I find information about the various options for having Xfinity content on more than one TV in the house.

Here are a few questions that come to mind...

1. Does each TV need a TV/Cable Box? (or can the TV access the Cloud DVR content?)
  2. Does each need a DVR? If not, can one TV access the DVR content from a different TV in the same house?
  3. Can the contents from one DVR be viewed on a different TV? (similar to the above question)
  4. Where do I find information about the cost for any multi-room / any-room options?

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @user_8c3e9f! Thank you for your interest in our services! We are happy to answer all your questions. I'd like to share this link: https://comca.st/34uv31T where you will find most answers about our service and so much more! We can definitely get pricing for you by way of a Direct Message since we would need your complete service address to do so. 

To answer your questions:

1. No you do not need cable boxes to watch live TV, recordings, or On Demand content. You can download our Xfinity Stream app available on most TVs, tablets, phones, and computers. You would need DVR service to be able to record and watch your recordings from the app.

2.& 3. If you have decide to have a cable box, you would have the main box and the smaller boxes would work off of that if needed. You can record and watch content from each of the additional boxes as well. You can also set recordings and watch them by way of your free Xfinity Stream app.

4. I would need your address to quote you cost. Again, by way of a Direct Message. 

To start a Direct Message: Click "Sign in" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message.

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here