nchamlin's profile

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

Friday, September 2nd, 2022 2:35 AM

Closed

If I get a xi6, can I still use the Xfinity Stream app on my Roku or Firestick?

Comcast rep offered me a switch from my Current XG1v4 box to a Xi6 to save money (halve our monthly bill!). We have 3 TVs, one with the Xfinity box, the others use Rolu’s with Xfinity Stream app to watch live TV (accessing our Xfinity TV channel package).

My question: if we switch to the Xi6, will we still have access to the Xfinity Stream app (with the 200 channels that come with this service) on our other TVs? or does that app require a subscription to an actual Xfinity TV package?

Also - Will we still keep our Cloud DVR service )ideally keeping all our saved shows & movies!) 

FYI - not sure if it matters, but we have our own router & modem, and are not looking to Switch to an Xfinity unit.

Thanks for your help!

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

2 years ago

removed your bump. I was busy for last few days. short answer is yes. good news also if it is your first x1 set top box added to your home as your maximum streams in home changes from 2 to 5 at the same time. Edit: I just noticed your post edit, and noticed now that you have your own gateway/router. the xi6 will not work without a leased xfinity xb* gateway (and that xfinity gateway can't be in bridge mode). You can use an xg2 (non-DVR hub), or xi3/xiD (non-hub satellite box that needs a hub to operate).

(edited)

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

@Rustyben​  thanks for the guidance. Shame that the xfinity rep (having “looked at my account@“!) didn’t point out that my my own equipment won’t work with the Xi6. We like the DVR so I guess I’m stuck paying the extra money :(

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here