SugarAvenue's profile

Contributor

• 

22 Messages

Tuesday, March 19th, 2024 1:26 AM

I have to restart my X1 box every single time I turn the TV on

How can I fix my X1 box from having to be restarted every single time I turn my TV on, not just once a day, but every single time, even if it was restarted, overnight or in the morning, and I turned my TV off, I will have to restart the box again when I turn it on again.

If I turn the TV off to go somewhere, I have to restart the box when I come home and turn the TV on again. If I don’t the screen flashes to white, then back to the program, then White then back to the program (forever) and the sound is all garbled. 

I have been through three X1 boxes, trying to solve this problem, because that’s what the Xfinity tech kept telling me I had to do. 

I have two TCL Roku smart TVs, and it only happens on the one That is plugged into the main X1 box

Official Employee

• 

768 Messages

3 months ago

Good Evening SugarAvenue So sorry to hear about these issues with the main X1 Box. Is the main box by chance a Wireless (Xi5 or 6) box, or is it a more traditional box? When the screen is flashing white back to the program, do you see any type of error code or message? 

1 Message

3 months ago

Yep same here.  It works for several weeks and then it stops working and I have to unplug the device every night in order to watch TV.  Seems to last 5 - 10 days and then it works again for awhile.  I have replaced the unit twice and same issue.  And looking at the forums this seems to have been going on for over 4 years.  I am not sure why this cant get fixed.

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

@user_doeemi Thank you for sharing the experience you have been having with needing to reset the cable box. I know this has to be annoying, and I promise not something that we hear about often. Aside from replacing the cable box, have you had a technician to your home for the issue? Do you have any other cable boxes in your home? If so, Do they have the same trouble?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here