Lucy1080's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Saturday, December 9th, 2023 3:31 AM

Closed

I DON'T WANT MY TV GOING INTO POWER SAVER MODE

I have purposely set my power saver preference to OFF so that my TV stays on all night while I'm sleeping. It worked perfectly until I recently relocated and had to order wireless WiFi set tops. The TV still stops working and goes into sleep mode. This wakes me up during the night. We also leave a TV on for our pets while we're away (and, so house looks like we're home). The same thing is happening...we get home and the master bedroom TV is in sleep mode, I can no longer go backwards if I'm 10 minutes late at the start of a show and it's extremely frustrating. While searching, I saw a similar post from 2 years ago! That sort of floored me, because, like I mentioned earlier-ours worked for years prior to moving into a different city in mid October. If a staff member is reading this-please reread it. I know what it does, and, I don't want it doing it. My settings are correct -the set top boxes aren't working. To be honest, we started cleaning the DVR out and stopped recording new shows. We can stream 90% of what we watch somewhere else. Maybe it's time to move on.

Official Employee

• 

501 Messages

9 months ago

@Lucy1080  Have you tried disabling the power saver? https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-preferences

1 Message

5 months ago

I disabled it and the box ignores this setting. It does the same thing no matter if it's set to ON or OFF.

Official Employee

• 

376 Messages

Hello u/editman21. Having the Power Saver option activated will prompt a message to be sent to you via the box that says "Are you still there"? This will remain on this screen unless you select Yes. Here is a link with more information about the Power Saver: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-power-save-faqs.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

It will NOT "remain on the screen unless you say Yes." It will remain on the screen for 30 seconds and then turn your power off anyway. I CANNOT BELIEVE that this is STILL an issue that was originally reported at least 3 years ago. For me, and some others, it just started happening, so it's clearly something that they've not only changed and refused to fix, but continued to push out until it's affecting all customers. Comcast/ Xfinity CLAIMS to care about customer feedback, but clearly doesn't as evidenced by their refusal to address something that has garnered SO many complaints. And these copy/paste non-answers, that don't provide a solution are just infuriating.

1 Message

4 months ago

Having the same issue.
I need my TV to continuously play (stay awake)as it's what keeps me from hearing outside noise that wakes me up. I can't keep it ON longer than 4hrs. It either goes into sleep mode or stops playing until I answer the "are you still there" question. 
I don’t have an issue w/my laptop and streaming services. If Xfinity won't give us the option then I'll just opt for streaming services. I don't watch that much cable but liked it for sleep options- but now that's gone so....

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

u/PolaroidK As of now, the prompt is designed to come on after 4 hours of continuous use with no remote control interaction within that time. There is currently no way to extend that time, but we appreciate your feedback as we are always looking for ways to improve our customer's experience.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 months ago

I have the same issue.  I also see the lack of customer's being able to control the use of thier TV and we pay quite a bit of money to have our TV service work when we want it to.  I also noticed this issue has been a topic in the chat for over 2 years.  Does xfinity have a plan to correct this, or just continue to ignore the problem?  Personally, I prefer to pay a little extra in my electric bill, so I can get a good night sleep in order to function well during the work day...so I can afford to pay my Xfinity bill.

Contributor

• 

38 Messages

Based on their responses and the fact that this issue is going on 3 years old, I'm gonna say they're going to continue to ignore the problem. I quit Hulu for a 5 year old issue that they aren't able to "play the next episode" when watching a series. Maybe time to leave Xfinity for service that has its ish together.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here