edwardp's profile

Contributor

• 

275 Messages

Monday, June 7th, 2021 9:56 PM

Closed

How to turn off closed captioning in Peacock app

The recent change to the Peacock app which introduced profiles, appears to have turned on closed captioning by default and I cannot turn this off.

Please provide EXACT instructions to turn this off. Subtitles to None, doesn't work.

X1 Box is XG2V2-P.

Thank you.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here as of today

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same issue as everyone else, very annoying. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Okay,  so I hit the pause  button and then the down arrow.   Works with other on demand and streaming channels.  Peacock still doesn't work by this method.   I have tried hitting the center button on my xf1 remote and then using the left arrow.  I have tried pause and using the left arrow.   I have tried the center button and clicking on the left arrow.  I have tried using the up arrow.  None of these methods worked.   I had another issue with my tv so I had a tech out to my home.   he checked every cable in the house and outside.   He fixed the problem.   He unplugged the power cord and plugged it back in.  (This was another solution mentioned in forums for peacock issues.   Still can't get rid of closed captioning  on peacock.   Only thing I am having an issue with.  Can't xfinity get in touch with Peacock and explain the problems that customers are complaining about?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Hi nosyone, thank you for creating a post. We are more than happy to assist you with getting your features working while watching Peacock. Id like to check your signal levels and equipment health on my end to make sure we don't miss any steps. For further assistance could you please send me a private message with your full name and street address? 

To send a "Peer to peer" ("Private") message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here