2 Messages

Monday, May 27th, 2024 6:05 PM

How to delete channel in favorites

How to delete favorites chann

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

4 months ago

Hello, user_57c509 thank you for taking time out of your day to create a post. You have contacted the right place for assistance, and want to ensure you're able to delete your favorite channels. Reviewing this helpful article, the process to remove is the same as setting up the favorite channel: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-guide-add-a-channel-to-favorites. 

1. On the remote, press the Guide button once to access the main guide.
  2. Go to the channel you want to add to Favorites.
  3. Press the left arrow button on the remote to highlight the channel and press OK.
  4. Use the right arrow button to highlight Favorite.
  5. Press OK on the remote to add the channel as a Favorite.
  6. To remove the channel as a Favorite, repeat these steps and choose Remove Favorite instead of Favorite.

After setting up your Favorites list, you can filter the guide to display only your favorite channels.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

yes I have done this on numerous occasions. The problem now is that the option to remove is not there. The only options are subscribe, record and channel info

Official Employee

• 

893 Messages

user_57c509 I appreciate the follow up that you have attempted those steps, and don't see the option of unsubscribing. To confirm, the channel you're attempting the steps on is showing on the Favorites list still after attempting the steps. 

From experience, I've seen at times clearing your equipment stored data can help correct issues with the set-top box not recognizing actions. When you have time can you try these steps, and then check to see if the unsubscribe option appears.

Clearing Locally Stored Data From Your TV Box: 
  1. Press the xfinity button (X1 or Flex) or home button (Flex) on your remote.
  2. Use the right or left arrow buttons to get to the gear icon and then press OK to go to Settings.
  3. Use the up or down arrow buttons to get to Privacy and press OK.
  4. Go to Locally stored data and press OK.
  5. You'll see a confirmation window. Press OK to clear locally stored dataNotes:
    • Clearing locally stored data may sign you out of many apps on your TV Box and may affect apps on devices linked to your account.
    • Re-launching apps may store new data on your TV Box.
  6. You'll see a confirmation message once cookies and locally stored data have been cleared from your TV Box.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

I am having a similar problem.  I recently changed my cable package and want to remove the favorite channels that I no longer get.  When I try to remove them, the only options are Subscribe, Record, and Channel Info.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @Toxteth. I am sorry to hear that you are not able to remove the channels from your favorite list. Have you tried to clear your local stored data like my colleague mentioned above?

Clearing Locally Stored Data From Your TV Box: 
Press the xfinity button (X1 or Flex) or home button (Flex) on your remote.
Use the right or left arrow buttons to get to the gear icon and then press OK to go to Settings.
Use the up or down arrow buttons to get to Privacy and press OK.
Go to Locally stored data and press OK.
You'll see a confirmation window. Press OK to clear locally stored dataNotes:
Clearing locally stored data may sign you out of many apps on your TV Box and may affect apps on devices linked to your account.
Re-launching apps may store new data on your TV Box.
You'll see a confirmation message once cookies and locally stored data have been cleared from your TV Box.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

I tried this and it didn't work, still can't delete premium channels from my favorites guide list 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here