U

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

Monday, December 6th, 2021 1:38 PM

Closed

How to Check cable signal strength

We have the new fiber optic 1 Gig router hooked up for TV and internet. It my TV signal is intermittently flickering. I have checked everything else, cables, cable box, route ect. I suspect it may be a low signal strength on the coax signal to the TVs. Is there anyway to check out the signal strength of the TV signals on the fiber optic system. Prior to getting the fiber optic I was able to check out the signal strength but not with the fiber optic system.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Good morning @user_2b98af and thank you for reaching out to our Digital Care Team on our forums today. We are sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your TV signal. Are you experiencing any error codes or messages on your screen? Have you also tried restarting your equipment? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@XfinityAlyssaA No error codes and I've started the router, Cable Box, and TV several times still no change.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hey @user_2b98af we would like to look into this further for you and check the signals on our end as well. Please send us a direct message with your full name and service address to get started. 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3kajO4e
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
  •  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
  •  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it

See https://comca.st/2XfS9FQ for an example.

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

No error codes. On one TV the picture intermittently flickers. On the other TV I am intermittently getting a quick bar in the middle of the screen for about 2-3 seconds indicating that it appears to be loading something. Is there any way to actually see the signal strength of the TV signal on a fiber optic network. We have had Comcast replace the fiber optic cable coming into the house. They have also replaced the fiber optic 1 gig router. I have swapped the cable boxes, removed the splitters in the line, tried new HDMI cables. It appears when I reboot the router or the cable box the problem goes away for some time, but then returns. Both TV's at Sony Bravia Smart TVs. We have had the system for about 3 years but the problems started after Comcast installed the fiber optic lines and router about 8 months ago.

Problem Solver

• 

1.1K Messages

You can check the cable signal strength in Comcast Labs directly, here is a link on how to do that: https://comca.st/3InCWpo;

I understand the labs is not working correctly right now, so we can look more into issue on our end and see if there is anything. Can you send us a DM with your name and address? 

To send a DM, please follow these steps:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3iVtu1B

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person", but don't do that.

Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there. As you are typing a drop-down list appears.

• Select "Xfinity Support" from the list. An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter or tap the > icon to send it any of those platforms will be able to assist. :)

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I have repeatedly tried to ask Comcast/Xfinity/Universal/NBC to stop jamming my cable signal.  The jamming or scrambling of a frequency or signal is AGAINST FEDERAL LAW!!!   I keep complaining, it's good for a while, then when the coast is clear from my complaints to the useless FCC, boom, they start scrambling and jamming my signal.  I don't make threats.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_909118, thank you for reaching out to us on our community forums. Getting your services working as they should be is important to us. We definitely want to get to the bottom of this issue. Are you seeing this issue on one particular cable box or all cable boxes in your home?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here