southendjohn's profile

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

Wednesday, February 24th, 2021 8:00 PM

Closed

How does X1 box connect to the internet

So the X1 box was having 'internet troubles' last night (annoying).   Eventually got things fixed.

But happened to notice the light for the X1 connection on the router wasn't on.   Seems that even though I've connected a hard line from the X1 box to my network, it seemingly connects by Wifi?    I couldn't find anything in settings to change this.    Given a wired connection is always faster and more reliable.

Is there a way to get the X1 box to use the hard line?   (I assume the jack is there for a reason.  )

(And who can you tell what model you have without looking on the bottom - that doesn't seem to be in the menu system either.  My unit is a Pace PX013ANM)

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

263 Messages

4 years ago

That device does not support WiFi or Ethernet connectivity.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

The dvr has internal modem to run.

Contributor

• 

67 Messages

4 years ago

So the ethernet plug is not active - the device has an internal modem to send ethernet traffic over the coax cable on its own?        

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

It’s purely for the interior box functions, nothing external.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@southendjohn wrote:

So the ethernet plug is not active - the device has an internal modem to send ethernet traffic over the coax cable on its own?        

the connection to that jack may actually degrade your own internet connectivity. unplug it ASAP.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here