LauraM913's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Monday, June 22nd, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

How do I get X1 to store my Netflix login?

Every time I access the Netflix app from my X1 box, I am being prompted to enter my Netflix user ID and password. It is not even remembering my user ID even though the box is checked. We recently moved and I transferred my service.  I never had this issue before we moved. I entered my Netflix credentials once, and the X1 stored the information. I'm not sure why this is now happening, but I can tell you it's really annoying. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@LauraM913 wrote:

Every time I access the Netflix app from my X1 box, I am being prompted to enter my Netflix user ID and password. It is not even remembering my user ID even though the box is checked. We recently moved and I transferred my service.  I never had this issue before we moved. I entered my Netflix credentials once, and the X1 stored the information. I'm not sure why this is now happening, but I can tell you it's really annoying. 

the issues are outside of xfinity (part of Netflix).  If you have a one or two stream account and more are trying to use the account, that can log you out of currently logged in devices. change the password using a smart phone/tablet. then log back in on the X1. if you don't give the new password, your signin should be secure.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Thank you! This makes complete sense. We used to just get a pop-up that said we had exceeded our the number of devices. Since we now have 3 devices in the house that could be on Netflix all at the same time, I just upgraded our account to allow for more devices. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here