Exelsior's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Saturday, January 1st, 2022 4:05 PM

Closed

How do I exchange a defective XG1v4-A box?

I turned on one of my 2 XG1v4-A boxes yesterday and noticed it was stuck on the "Welcome..." screen.  I followed every possible on-line tip including power on/off, reseating cables, powering it off for a long time, moving it around (exchanging with other box location), trying to access/reset it from a PC via internet ("unreachable"), doing a full system refresh, etc. 

No matter what, it can't get past Welcome.  It appears to be bricked for some reason (bad auto-firmware update in the middle of the night?), after working fine for 2-ish years w/o touching it.  My other XG1v4-A still works fine, as do 2 satellite X1 boxes.

I would like to exchange this XG1v4-A box for another.  How do I do this?  The on-line support options do not allow human contact or anything other than endlessly pushing the same old trouble shooting options that do nothing.  Very frustrating.  Can I bring the defective box into a nearby store and have it exchanged there, or must it be done via mail?  If by mail, how do I do that?

Thanks

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

3 years ago

@Exelsior

Hi there! Thank you for reaching out to our community Forums page for assistance with your cable equipment and service concerns. I am sorry to hear that you are having some issues with your current cable box. That certainly sounds frustrating to me! We have a few ways to swap out the equipment. You can either bring the equipment to a local XFINITY Store to swap out or we can help get one sent out to you. Are you still in need of assistance? 

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@XfinityMary Thanks for the reply.  I did end up taking the box to an Xfinity Store yesterday on the hope that it could be exchanged, which it was.  However, apparently the new box is also defective with an RDK-03009 code I can't get past.  At least it *tries* to start up, but always gets this error after the "Welcome Connecting to Your Entertainment Experience ..." screen eventually times out.

I found an actual Xfinity service phone number on a non-Xfinity site that still worked (not available on the current Xfinity "support" site) and talked to a service rep this evening.  He could do nothing from his end for this new box except to reset it remotely (which I could also do from my Xfinity account via browser) and wait for it to eventually fail again with the RDK-03009 code.  I now have an appointment setup for tomorrow for an on-site service rep to hopefully figure out why this latest XG1v4-A box does not work.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for the detailed response and for the update. I'm happy to learn you've secured a service visit after receiving the error code with the newly swapped out equipment. It's important to us that you're able to enjoy your Xfinity services and I'm certain our expert Xfinity technician will resolve the issue. Be sure to review the info here for a reminder about helpful information before we visit.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here