B

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Thursday, June 20th, 2024 6:21 PM

Closed

How can I record a single show one week from now?

I need to record a show which takes place around a week from now. When I hit GUIDE I can only see and select shows for today's date. How can I get to the date I want, find the show, and REC? 
The show is the presidential debate on 6/27 on CNN, 9PM EDT

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

Hello and welcome to Comcast @Brewerpaul. Thank you so much for reaching out to us about your concerns of not being able to record the presidential debate. How are you trying to set the recording? Are you using our Xfinity Stream App or do are you trying to set it up via the physical DVR box? 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

I was trying to record it using the DVR, the TV, and the remote control. After some Googling, I found an answer!

On the program GUIDE I used the FF button to move ahead day by day and then was able to use the  > button to move ahead to the hour of the debate. Then I scrolled down to the correct channel and was able to set the recording.

What was frustrating was that I couldn't find this information right on the Xfinity site!

Official Employee

• 

787 Messages

Brewerpaul I apologize for the frustrating experience, thank you for reaching back out to provide the solution that worked for you! Can I help with any other concers today?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

No, thanks - just please let whomever is appropriate know my suggestion to have the information easily available on Xfinity.com. Thank you!

Official Employee

• 

921 Messages

@Brewerpaul, we will certainly pass along your feedback! For anyone that may come across this post, here are some links with information on DVR recordings that may be helpful as well: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-record-a-program

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-set-a-manual-recording-for-a-channel

Take care, and thanks for being with us!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here