B_720198's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Wednesday, August 28th, 2024 1:06 PM

HDMI Cablebox Software Update Failure Loop

Message Reads:
"A software update is in progress." Attemptin to aquire software.
Code in lower right of screen (RDK-03012-0) 
Download never moves past "0"
(( After about 10 min, UPDATE FAIL/TIMEOUT ))

Message Reads:
"Give us a call."
"Manual download required."

Update fail code (RDK-03012-5) 
-----------------------------------
Calling is NO HELP, Only starts the worthless "Assistant" and loops through the same worthless routine over and over.
All of the AI mess fails, next text says a call will come but it never does! Sends another text and the dumb AI Assistant stuff starts over from step 1!
Been at this for near three hours.
Pathetic customer service!

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

278 Messages

15 days ago

@B_720198 Thank you for posting in our community! With a manual download being required it's possible a technician may have to come in person to perform that update but I would like to try sending out that firmware update to you. Have you already performed a full power cycle to prompt those signals to come to your equipment?

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Laughable “out of the book” response.
XFinity/Comcast's “daft and befuddled AI Assistant” prohibits talking to any "live human" on the voice line.
IF, the "Assistant" allows or transfers to a human for chat or voice (best), it take days to a week to get a service Tech on site.
The fact that the AI had/has no idea of the RDK-03012-0 and RDK-03012-5 codes above says a bunch. All it could/would do was loop back to zero and start again. The FAILURE to bring in a live person to at least chat after the AI s “first try FAIL” or automatically place the customer into the live chat or voice queue is poor customer service in itself.
ALL SERVICE AND MAINTENANCE IS ON THE CUSTOMER!
I took the hours that it always takes to go to the local Comcast store, wait in the queue for 1:45 hrs:min and the 0:10 min when finally helped to exchange it for a new/refurbished one. 
At least I got a “working unit” this time and the self-setup went well and I did not have to go back for yet-another traid-out due to getting a defective unit. That has happened twice in the past.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

B_720198 I’m truly sorry to hear about the frustrating experience you’ve had and the lengthy process you faced to resolve your issue. I completely understand how it must feel to encounter such difficulties and have to wait so long for assistance. Your feedback is valuable to us, and we’re committed to improving our service to better meet your needs. While I’m glad to hear that you were eventually able to get a working unit, I apologize for the inconvenience and the time you spent at the store. If there’s anything else we can do to assist you or if you have any further concerns, please don’t hesitate to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Community Forums. We’re here to help and ensure that your experience moving forward is smooth and hassle-free. Thank you for your patience and understanding. Wishing you a wonderful day ahead!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here