shoestunes's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, May 3rd, 2024 3:10 AM

Have a new 4K set on my account, but I do not have a 4K box and was wondering how I would go about obtaining one.

I recently purchased a new 4K TV to replace a 1080p set that died in one of our bedrooms. This is the first (and so far only 4K set in the house), so I hadn't needed to be concerned about the main box being able to produce a 4k signal up to this time, but now that I do have one 4K set I'd like to be able to see cable broadcast in 4K on it if possible. Thanks for any help that  you may be able to provide me.

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

352 Messages

4 months ago

There are two X1 4K boxes.   The XG1v4 DVR is a wired box.  The Xi6 is wireless.

There's very little 4K content, mostly access to 4K providers like Netflix, which you likely already get on your TV or other streaming platforms.  4K broadcast content is limited to a handful of sports events.

To get a box, try calling the support number, visiting a store, or asking here and wait for someone from Xfinity to reply.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@BIslander​ Thanks for your reply. I thought that may be the case as far as broadcast content, but I wasn't positive, for the person and tv in question I am probably fine with the set up as is and will concern myself with a new box when I finally break down and replace my living room tv. Thanks again. for your help.

Official Employee

• 

809 Messages

shoestunes We can help you ship out a 4k box. It can take 3-5 business days to arrive if we submit an order. The other option would be to go to your local Xfinity store to pick one up. Let us know if you need any further assistance. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I need to order one. How do I go about doing that?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Cg57 Hey there! We can help with placing an order for you. Could you please send our team a Direct Message with your full name and service address? Our team can take a further look.

To send a Direct Message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging chat" icon

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here