AAEBoiler's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Tuesday, November 14th, 2023 2:50 PM

Closed

Hallmark Movies Now App

We already have a subscription to the Hallmark Movies Now (HMN) that was created outside of the Xfinity service. I'm trying to access that using the Xfinity HMN app through our cable box but the app doesn't allow me to log in to my current account. It only asks for me to create an account and it will charge me $5.99 a month. We're already paying for the service. How do we access our existing account without paying twice?!?

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

10 months ago

Hey, @AAEBoiler! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are running into when trying to access your Hallmark app. I know it can be sometimes hidden on the screen but is there nothing that says sign up or already have a login or sign in? Would you be able to post a picture of the screen you are seeing?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 months ago

Sure, here are the pics.

1) Opening the App gives me this screen. So I go to Manage Subscriptions

2) The only option is to Subscribe. I select that to see if there's some way to enter my information.

3) Then, I go to manage my subscription and I get this. So, I unsubscribe so I don't get charged for something I'm already paying for. 

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Gotcha! Thank you so much. Just to make sure we have our ducks in a row on the specifics. You are not subscribed to Hallmark through Xfinity? I was also curious if you subscribed using a different email address than one used with your X1 service? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Correct, we subscribed to Hallmark Movies Now through either their app or via their website. And, we used a GMail address for the Hallmark account and not our Xfinity or Comcast email.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Thank you for the confirmation! I wanted to help clear this up. So when you are looking through the X1 box, that would not be subscription you are paying for, right now your billing is set up directly through Hallmark. Unfortunately, if you would want to use this iSVOD through X1, this does require the subscription pricing outlined on that page. You can easily cancel through Hallmark and enroll on the X1 box, but that would remove your stand-alone access to the Hallmark Movies Now app, that is completely different billing from a service standpoint. Below I included a link to our website that explains more in depth iSVOD subscriptions through X1. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/isvod-faqs

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

But why is using this streaming App any different from logging into my Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, etc., etc., etc. account? It makes no sense.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Great question! Hallmark access falls us what is called Internet Subscription Video On Demand (iSVOD). The breakdown/explanation is in the link I had sent. Hallmark requires iSVOD access to use this on the X1 system. The different platforms you mentioned like Hulu and Netflix are not something that is available like a traditional channel on TV, it is a much different situation.  

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

6 months ago

Xfinity only last year (I believe) brought HMNow back to its X1 'set-top' service, as well as on it Phone App at the same time.  However, it still doesn't provide it on the Xfinity Stream 'desk-top' service.  This is despite offering almost every other subscription service available directly through Stream.  Why?  Neither Xfinity nor Halmark can/will provide an answer to this.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here