Shapoonie's profile

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

Sunday, October 1st, 2023 6:18 PM

Closed

FOX glitch

While watching Fox it glitches, video and audio stop for half a second then jump forward.   I am in the Vancouver Washington area and interested if anyone else is seeing the same issue. It only happens on nationally broadcasts not local tv.  I also don't see it while watching over the antenna just on Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Shapoonie, we appreciate you taking the time to reach out to our team on Forums. I am sorry to hear about the glitching you're experiencing. When did this first start to occur on your end? To confirm, you're experiencing this while watching on an Xfinity cable box? 

We look forward to further assisting you with this! 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

It has been happening for over a year, yes it happens while watching on an Xfinity cable box.  I don't see it while watching using the antenna.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

That is very odd and frustrating @Shapoonie. If you have multiple cable boxes do you see that glitch on all of them? Do you also see that glitch on recorded content, or on demand content from Fox?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I see it on both boxes (one is brand new). I see it on live and recorded but not on demand.  

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Thanks for letting us know @Shapoonie! Okay, let us get your account pulled up so that we can investigate this further. Please send us a Direct Message. Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

11 months ago

I have this problem as well. Only on FOX. Very frustrating.  Really sick of it.  

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_ik5cf1 I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with Fox. Is this happening to all programing or to live TV? 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

I don't care any more tired of it and going to get rid of cable and go with Hulu. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @Shapoonie, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the Fox channel, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

11 months ago

Yes, I also live in Vancouver, WA and am experiencing the same exact issue. Local FOX is fine but weekend sports on FOX is terrible and hard to watch………SO FRUSTRATING. I have had techs out at least a dozen times in the last two years and most everything hardware related has been replaced. Still no resolution. I finally reported it to the FCC and Xfinity called me within a day and are sending another tech out on Saturday during a game to see the reception issues. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello and welcome to Comcast @user_8akq0v. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with Fox. You are in the right place, and I am happy to assist you today. Can you please provide us with a bit more detailed on the issue you are experiencing? 

Contributor

• 

135 Messages

6 months ago

Well if this is the right place to get this fixed why are we still having this issue.  Details, Video and Audio glitch or skip.  Its been over 4 months and its still happening.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here