U

Saturday, July 6th, 2024 9:08 PM

Flip Through Only Favorite Channels?

I have searched and am not able to find how I can set up my Xfinity Remote so I can flip through only my favorite channels. My old Dish account allowed me to change the guide view, which also controlled when I went up or down a channel. Currently, it stops on unsubscribed channels -which is a waste of time. How can I fix this? Asking because my 88 year old Mother keeps getting hung up when it stops on an unsubscribed channel. I am not streaming, I have the actual DVR box. 

Accepted Solution

Problem Solver

• 

785 Messages

3 months ago

What are you trying to do - set up the channel guide to show only favorites, or have the channel selector show only favorites?

The first is easy enough - bring up the guide, then press the Guide button on the remote, select "Favorites" from the list, and press the selector button.

I don't think Xfinity has ever let anyone do the second one. If your mother wants to select only favorite channels, it looks like she has to do it from the guide.

And to make things worse, Xfinity is notorious for not implementing changes - a number of us have been waiting for years things available pretty much everywhere else, like being able to move the guide two hours at a time (instead of the only options being 30 minutes and 24 hours) and being able to have a paused show move forward one frame at a time (rather than half speed being the slowest possible speed).

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

3 months ago

ThatDonGuy is correct. You can set up several types of guides, including "Favorites" (my favorite, and I use it constantly). You can add or remove channels easily, as many as you want.

2 Messages

Thanks, I use the guide, but it is not user friendly for an 88 year old woman like my Mother - I may need to just pay more and go back to Dish? I am wondering if there is a financial reason Xfinity keeps it the way they have it, maybe people subscribing to a channel they don't get in error and not realizing it right away? They pay the fee and then remove it, win for Xfinity and no need to make their service user friendly?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here