jilana_wa06221's profile

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Thursday, May 14th, 2020 2:00 AM

Closed

Error code xre 03059

I am sick and tired of paying all this money for cable and channels not working.  I cannot get Fox 29 from Philly on my TV.  When your store opens I will be returning the cable box.  

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Do whatever you need to but that code is for a tuner issue. Meaning there is something impeding the frequency of the channel that you’re trying to watch. Have you done any troubleshooting at all?

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I am getting 03059 on nearly all channels below 1411.  The weird thing is that I can record a program from one of the 03059 channels that is unreachable, and it will record perfectly.  No exceptions.  So I now watch programs on these channels by recording them and beginning watching a couple of minutes later.  I will not tolerate this for long, however.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Again, that code means your equipment can’t tune in the frequency of some channels. You see the recordings as they are cloud recordings of the channel when it can’t physically be seen. Have you done any troubleshooting on your own. Generally it won’t fix itself

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

I did an online chat with a guy named Dustin.  He tried a number of things and ended up giving me an outdoors appt today (coronavirus).  I figured the recording must be cloud, didn't make sense otherwise.  I did forget to mention here that SD channels work fine, but, of course, it switches to HD if there is a corresponding program.  I'll report later.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

SD and HD would be on different frequencies. On your side, make sure cables are tight and in good repair and remove any unnecessary splitters

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

What does it mean that it is a "tuner issue"? Does that mean replacing the cable box or modem would help? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@user_81104c 

Longer coax cable? Purchased to move my TV to a logical place in my living room. I’m assuming this may be my problem?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

tuner issue means that the frequency used by a channel is impeded and can’t be tuned in by the cable box. Majority of the time it is not the cable box.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

Then what is it.  I hooked direct from incoming cable to box to TV and stil error codes on the same channels.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

it can be anywhere between the tap outside to the cable that you were trying. Splitters (bad and too many) and bad cable are the most common reasons

Visitor

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

That is interesting since the message in error box says: "We're having some trouble on our end. This channel isn't currently available. Please try tuning away from this channel for a few seconds and then tune back to it. If that doesn't work, please try again in a few minutes." That doesn't sound like it is between the tap outside and my cable box. Also, the fact that a reboot of the cable box also argues against connections etc.

(edited)

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

That’s just a general message that there’s an issue. You’re not going to get an exact message about the problem like “your cables are loose” or “the splitter is bad”

Visitor

• 

1 Message

What’s funny is Comcast did some kind of upgrade in my subdivision and now half of my cable channels aren’t working. So try again about this being a tuner issue. More Comcast customer service rhetoric out of a manual. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

Where do you think the signal for the tuners comes from? Answer: Outside

If you know work was done outside that's where the solution lies, get a tech out

Problem Solver

• 

892 Messages

Hi there @jmray8! I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with some of your channels. We definitely want to take a look into this.

So we can help, please send us a private chat message with your full name and service address to Xfinity Support. To do so, click on the chat icon at the top right of the page. Thank you so much! 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I am getting the same error message. This happened a few months ago too. We had to have a technician come out and he never really knew why we were getting this error. He changed out the box and it fixed it...well until the error popped back up again today. I did all of the checking cables, system refreshes, unplugging, etc etc and still nothing! Its so frustrating! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here