Wednesday, June 10th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

error code RDK-03005

Box seems stuck on "preparing you channel lineup"

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

Experiencing the same issue, automated help continues to suggest restart. I've disconnected and reconnected everything, powered off for 30 seconds at power cord, used app to restart both service and device, and nothing has worked.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Has it ever worked. That code is for bad/no cable signal

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

4 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
Has it ever worked. That code is for bad/no cable signal

No, it is a new box received less than a week ago. I also made a reddit post with more info.
Link to post:
https://www.reddit.com/r/Comcast_Xfinity/comments/i3289n/preparing_channel_lineup_x1_set_top_box/

Copy of info:

New x1 set top box, I can't seem to get past the setup phase due to this screen never progressing. The error code given is "RDK-03005" and after trying solutions shared in other threads or from the forums, I still suffer from the issue.

Attempts include:
-Resetting set top box via power cord (30 sec wait time).
-Disconnecting and reconnecting coax from splitter to set top box (used old splitter and new splitter provided with self-install kit, and Gateway is on other output working fine).
-Restarting device from xfinity my account app as well as the system refresh.

Other information:
I enabled MoCA on my Gateway and have no other set top boxes.
I am able to view my channel lineup in xfinity my account app and watch shows on services requiring xfinity authentication.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

So it’s new service? Backtrack in your house to where the cables meet, to confirm the cable outlet is live
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here