D

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, September 3rd, 2022 9:42 PM

Closed

Error Code APPS-04233

I see another post about this error code, but that post closed a few months ago without a resolution. I’ve done all the general troubleshooting, contacted support several times and even had a technician come. No one knows how to fix this. I’m on my third wireless box with the same issue. Error appears after hitting the “C” button then “Watch.” Does anyone have a fix for this specific issue (i.e. not general troubleshooting steps)? Obviously the issue has existed for months. Is there still no fix?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m having the same issue as well. Has this been resolved yet XfinitySupport?  This issue is over a year old now and restarting the box does NOT resolve it.

Thank you DarinL for saving me a step to not replace my Wi-Fi box in an attempt to resolve this.

Official Employee

• 

330 Messages

Hello @Jonc5 We appreciate you taking the time to reach out to us today. I know how frustrating it is when the TV service isn't working and we'd be happy to help troubleshooting. Please send me a DM with your name and full address by doing the following: 

Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see an icon at the top right of your page.
From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'.
Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I had exact same issues with my 3 Xi6-A boxes.  Tried everything, tv's would boot into a blank black screen instead of last channel I was watching before turning it off.  I also had APPS error trying to press the c button and watch sports events.  I finally had a good tech troubleshoot and resolved by , 'Needing to update the IP module of the boxes'.  This fixed it 100%.  I'd reach out to Xfinity support (I used chat fyi) and just ask them to 'Update the IP module of the boxes.'  Good luck!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here