U

Saturday, December 9th, 2023 5:07 AM

Closed

Entertainment Screensaver Option

Why did the option to have the Entertainment Screensaver over the landscapes disappear? I used that to learn about new and returning shows.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

9 months ago

Greetings, @user_gy8eoe!  I hope your week has been treating you well. Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your busy day to leave a post on our community forum. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with your screensaver, but you have definitely come to the right place for assistance.

You should be able to adjust your screensaver settings by pressing the "Xfinity" button on your remote, and going to "Settings" (gear icon)>"Device Settings">"Screen Saver". There is a full step-by-step description available on our website here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-screen-saver.

1 Message

@XfinityJamesC​ im afraid youre mistaken. Please do some research

Visitor

• 

14 Messages

9 months ago

As usual a [Edited: Language] answer from a so called "Official Employee". Xfinity has taken away the screen saver choices... they're gone. 

We pay a ton of money and don't get a choice or say. Same Xfinity [Edited: Language...different day.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I thought I was crazy. I hate the screen savers and tried to change them, only to find the option gone. We pay so much for the service, a little personalization was nice. Great job Xfinity for removing even more value from your service.

3 Messages

Please bring back the option for the animal Screensaver!

1 Message

9 months ago

I am having the same problem.  I don’t have Screen Saver options any more.  The only Screen Saver available to me now is Landscapes.  We always chose the Animals option for our Screen Savers.  How can I get this option back to choose?  Please advise - Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Howdy user_4expn9

You should still have the same options, normally it is Landscape, Entertainment or Animals. Can you try to power cycle the box? That should cure the hiccup. I also included a link that details the process here below. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-screen-saver

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

7 months ago

There is no option for the Screensaver. I get nothing but a blank screen for a Screensaver. 

There are options for "themes", but selecting any one if those does absolutely nothing on the Screensaver, guide, etc. 

Where are the updated instructions?

Official Employee

• 

865 Messages

Curio and all, I have checked the platform and do see that the option is missing as well. I've submitted an elevation to get more information on why the change was made and if it's possible to have re-added as well. I'll provide an update here as soon as anything becomes available.

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

Any updates? There are still no options for Screensaver and I still haven't figured out what Themes are.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

I figured out themes. When paused, the progress bar has a tiny icon at the snd of it, choose basketball and you will see an orange dot at the end of the progress bar. Not very useful or noticable.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

7 months ago

Can someone please tell me when the option to change the screensaver is coming back? I want the Entertainment screensaver again. Why take that away?

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

@GloT512 At this time we do not have any time frame as to when or if the other screensaver options will be added back however we do thank you for your feedback! Comments like this are always appreciated, so we know what our customers are looking for! 

1 Message

7 months ago

Why would they take the entertainment or animals screensaver choice and have to see pictures from all over. I don’t want to see them. My granddaughter was in tears because she could not see her favorite puppies. The entertainment and news screensaver makes me kinda angry. All the money I send them every month which is an absurd amount. You would think I could still look at my screensaver.  Why was this decision made

3 Messages

4 months ago

Hey, can you please bring back the option to change the screen saver to the animals? It was a cool feature and I miss it. Thanks!

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_99suvv

The screensaver selection option is no longer avialable. I recommend using this feedback form https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form to express your desire to have it return. We encourage our customers to let us know how to make our products and services better. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here