U

Sunday, October 29th, 2023 8:28 PM

Closed

Dvr

When I watch a dvr program the sound skips and the fast forward is erratic. I have been having the same issue for two months and nobody At xfinity seems to care no matter how many times I contact them. Other people in the neighborhood are having the same problem. If the service doesn’t work I shouldn’t have to pay for it 

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

11 months ago

Greetings, @user_4fwnk6! I apologize that the DVR service has not been working well and that the issue has been going on for so long. We never want that and are glad to help! We are able to stay with you over time to ensure a resolution so you are in good hands with our team. 

Are you watching the DVR service on an X1 cable box or using the Xfinity Stream app on another device? Do you see any error messages or codes come up on the screen when this happens? 

7 Messages

I use the x1 service and there are no error codes only the annoying sound skips and jerky fast forward. We actually had a service tech come out and he said that this is a known problem that nobody seems to know how to fix.

7 Messages

@XfinityRay​ I use the x1 service and there are no error codes only the annoying sound skips and jerky fast forward. We actually had a service tech come out and he said that this is a known problem that nobody seems to know how to fix.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

This is all really great information to find the root cause, @user_4fwnk6. I would like to access your account from here so I can look at your signal levels for the X1 box and modem.

Please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the direct messaging icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

11 months ago

Thank you for the further information, @user_4fwnk6. I checked for any DVR issues that are being worked on. There was only one and it doesn't completely match this, so I want to continue to dig into this. Does this happen on all recordings, just ones from certain Networks or times of the day they are recorded or does it seem random?

7 Messages

@XfinityRay​ it seems that maybe some networks are worse than others but all are the same issue no matter the time. Sometimes when we watch live tv and try to rewind a bit it is really jerky and sometimes even stops rewinding. The FF and rewind doesn’t bother me as much as the sound skipping all the time. Some shows are unwatchable.

Official Employee

• 

535 Messages

@user_4fwnk6 Got it, and thanks! Okay, I checked further and nothing is going on with the DVR service in general that we know about like this, and this can be fixed by a couple different paths. Have you attempted to watch the same content on a mobile device such as a phone or tablet, using the Xfinity Stream app, and seeing if the audio is also skipping there? That will help us determine if it's recorded like that, or if it's the box having trouble. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

7 Messages

@XfinityBenny​ just watched something that was really skipping on my iPad and it seemed fine on the iPad

(edited)

1 Message

11 months ago

This is a known problem that is affecting thousands of customers that xfinity doesn't want to fix. I am about ready to cancel cloud dvr.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_clyzzm, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the recordings, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

@user_clyzzm​ 

Did your problem ever get resolved?   We are dealing with a similar issue now for three months where while watching recording while recording is still in progress, the recording jumps back to the start of the recording.  Happens on all networks.  On third box replacement.  And we already have gone the DM route with Xfinity Support with no success.  Can't tell you how many times we have rebooted, system refresh, etc..  Has been escalated to Kapernick office.  

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

No, our problem is not fixed.  We have escalated to our regional VP.  Techs were out last week and checked all wiring and connections in our house.  We are now sending them video recordings or this happenning and it happens a lot as we record most sporting events and start to watch them an hour in to the games to avoid the commercials.   The Executive team I am now working with says they haven't heard of this problem before.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

@Lkgnvas

We have the same problem (recording jumping back to beginning when fast forwarding; dropping out of recording while still in progress) with our X1 set. It drives my wife crazy. I hear that this is only a problem with the Xg2v2 boxes (we have the Pace version) and that it doesn’t happen with the Xg1v4 boxes (which have a built in DVR system). Is this true? And if so how do we get one? Can I just go to the Xfinity store and ask?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here