EASmitty's profile

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Friday, June 14th, 2024 6:29 PM

DVR Suddenly changed capacity and dumped all my recordings—need help.

DVR went from 69% (which included several movies, a complete season of a 1-hour show, plus a lot of misc. shows) to 99% overnight with no added recordings.  The next time I looked it said 89% and I only had 18 recordings left to watch. I talked to an agent through chat, they even gave me a ticket number, and they said it would be fixed within 2 hours and my shows would be restored. That was 4 hours ago and nothing has changed. I feel like Xfinity has done this to get me to spend more money on added space. I've been a customer for many years and my bill is already insanely high (over $300).  If I have to pay that much with virtually no DVR and no real assistance, clearly there's no value placed on my continued subscription. If there's no recourse, should I  look for other options? Calls aren't helpful because you just go around and around in the phone tree. Is there any special number or link where a person can get help?

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

3 months ago

EASmitty Thanks for posting on our Community Forums. Our team can help research this for you as well, if you haven't already received the assistance you need. Are you still experiencing issues with your DVR storage?

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

Thanks for responding. Nothing has changed. I currently have 15 recordings and it says 77% full. The guy on chat said something about 20 hours, but I've been a customer for many years and never had a 20-hour limit. I have a ticket number if that would help.

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

Gotcha. In most areas, the default service included for DVR would be 20 hours, with the option to upgrade to 150 hours. Was there a recent change to your plan or promotional offer, either through our website or phone/chat?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

No change to my plan at all. The only thing that happened on my account was I got a notice that my wifi box needed to be replaced to handle current speeds, at no charge to me.  I haven't had a chance to swap them out yet, but I did not make any changes to my plan.  I've been on this same plan for many years. Definitely with much more than 20 hours on my dvr. My bill did go up after I got the new wifi box, but I was assured it would go back to the usual amount as soon as I returned the old one.

Official Employee

• 

855 Messages

Gotcha. Let's see if we can help look further into this for you. Would you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address?

To send a Direct Message:

Ensure you are logged in

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
    • As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
    • An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send it.
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

8 Messages

I moved my info there.

Contributor

• 

105 Messages

2 months ago

what was the end result of this issue?

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

20 days ago

I noticed yesterday that my Xfinity DVR storage had been increased dramatically. I didn't authorize any increase and I'm already paying way too much. I still have the same number of recordings but I have what appears to be about 10 times the amount of storage. What's up with that?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here