udaman54's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wed, May 12, 2021 2:27 PM

DVR shows being ereased almost asoon as they are recorded

My DVR is erasing some shows immediately after recording them, even while leaving two or three older episodes on the DVR. For instance, It would record and remove Jeopardy (within a few minutes) while leaving the three previous days still on the DVR (I set it to record 5 episodes). It does this to various shows quite often. It is supposed to remove older shows to make room for newer ones.  This started a few months ago and sometimes does not occur for a while and then starts doing it regularly.  Tired Restarting and System Reset, but that doesn't help.

Anyone else having this problem. Any solutions?

The more money you pay in cable fees, the more more problems it seems.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

116 Messages

1 m ago

Good morning, @udaman54, and thank you for reaching out through our Community Forums for assistance with your DVR recording questions! I love using my DVR to watch my favorite shows on my schedule, so that my kids and hubby can watch what they want, too. I also love skipping through commercials when I'm binge-watching to catch up on a series. You've reached the right place to help get to the bottom of this! 

There are a few things that can cause an issue with recordings like you've described, including your cable plan and current DVR service level, your DVR storage level, and the settings you are currently using. To get started, you can find some useful information by visiting https://comca.st/3wjyBgf. If checking your settings and storage space doesn't help resolve this, we can did a little deeper with you. Just let us know, and we'll be glad to help!

New to the Community?

Start Here