cmparker's profile

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

Sat, Jul 17, 2021 1:19 AM

DVR showing higher percentage full than it really is

For about the last week, my DVR has been showing 96% or more full, but when I delete a show, it goes back down to the 40s or 50s where it really is. Even after I restore the show, the percent full is correct. But later when I go in, it's showing full again. Now today a bunch of old recordings showed up, sports from over the winter that I had deleted a long time ago, making it full again. Does anyone have any idea why this is happening? So far I haven't missed any recordings, but I'm afraid it will think it is out of room to record new shows.

Responses

Official Employee

• 

77 Messages

2 m ago

Hello there @cmparker! Thank you so much for reaching out for help with your DVR recordings and space available. I would recommend after you delete some recordings that you make sure that they are permanently deleted. Once you pick a recording to be deleted, it stays in a temporary file to ensure that it can be recovered if needed. Check out [how to permanently delete your recordings](https://comca.st/3kyocuq)

Give that a try, and let me know if that helps get you a constant percentage showing for your available space. 

cmparker

Contributor

• 

21 Messages

2 m ago

Thanks for the information. Fingers crossed, I haven't had any issues for the last couple of days. Hopefully it was just a glitch that has been resolved.

Official Employee

• 

174 Messages

That is good to hear that it has not had any issues over the last couple of days. If you do have any more issues, please reach back out. We are always here and love to help! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here