mlopes010
Expressive Exchange
Conversation Starter
1st Reply

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Mon, Dec 21, 2020 8:00 AM

Dvr series recording “Keep setting”. How should it work?

I have set a series recording to keep 5 episodes (sponge bob as an example).  In my view, when it reaches 5 episodes, the dvr should stop future recordings.  But what happens, is that it will keep recording and overwriting those 5 episodes.  So for example, if I see an episode I want to watch and don't get to it, it will be recorded over.  Is this the way it works? Is there a setting to prevent future recordings  when the keep 5 episodes has been reached? When I check future scheduled records, there are hundreds listed. Ty!

Anorher related side effect is that it ties up a tuner unnecessarily because sponge bob is on pretty frequently thought out the day. 

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

4 m ago

@mlopes010 wrote:

I have set a series recording to keep 5 episodes (sponge bob as an example).  In my view, when it reaches 5 episodes, the dvr should stop future recordings.  But what happens, is that it will keep recording and overwriting those 5 episodes.  So for example, if I see an episode I want to watch and don't get to it, it will be recorded over.  Is this the way it works? Is there a setting to prevent future recordings  when the keep 5 episodes has been reached? When I check future scheduled records, there are hundreds listed. Ty!

Anorher related side effect is that it ties up a tuner unnecessarily because sponge bob is on pretty frequently thought out the day. 

the system if set to 5 episodes will keep the last 5 dropping the oldest. set to record all and then manage manually.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here