Mortman901's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wed, Dec 23, 2020 2:00 AM

DVR records to cable box

I moved and now all my DVR recordings are not in the cloud but on my cable box. I spent 3 hrs on the phone with various tech support folks and nobody knows how to get my recordings back to the cloud so I can watch them on other devices. 

Responses

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

@Mortman901 wrote:

I moved and now all my DVR recordings are not in the cloud but on my cable box. I spent 3 hrs on the phone with various tech support folks and nobody knows how to get my recordings back to the cloud so I can watch them on other devices. 

the cloud DVR and home DVR do not communicate at all with each other. the scheduler server tells each when/what to record. did you take your home DVR to the new address? is it connected and working?

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

Thanks for the reply. My dvr is hooked up. It seems like all my recordings are going there now and not to the cloud. Also the tech mentioned that when I moved all my cloud recording would be available but they were all wiped out.
Rustyben

Expert

• 

24K Messages

6 m ago

@Mortman901 wrote:
Thanks for the reply. My dvr is hooked up. It seems like all my recordings are going there now and not to the cloud. Also the tech mentioned that when I moved all my cloud recording would be available but they were all wiped out.

it sounds like they didn't 'move' but created a new account as the recordings in the cloud remain. they may still be there. can you see the cloud DVR programs using a smart device (phone/tablet)?  I have escalated your issue to the Comcast Team available to these forums. Check back often for a reply in this thread from a Comcast Official Employee.

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

You are correct. I see that a new account was created rather than transferring my existing account. All my cloud recordings are gone. The recordings that were in the cloud are now on my DVR which is full. I'm not sure if the recordings can be uploaded to the cloud so that they are accessible on my other devices.
CCAndrew

Diamond Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 m ago

Did you get a new username/password? You will get a new account number when you move just for clarification

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

6 m ago

I did not. I am using the same user name and password. I do have 2 account numbers. They have been unlinked.

Official Employee

• 

326 Messages

6 m ago

Hello, Mortman901, I'm sorry you are experiencing this recording issue after the move. Our team on the Forum will do all we can to help. Please click on my name and use the send message option to send a private message. If you can include your name, account number, and service address I can help. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

New to the Community?

Start Here