shimadk1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

DVR recordings disappeared

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Contributor

• 

37 Messages

4 years ago

This issue just happened to me. Not amused at all!!
There was a programme that was on about 4 months ago and it just vanished. That and a bunch more. Had plenty space left in dvr.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

4 years ago

I am back again. Several more recordings disappeared after 6 weeks without a problem. I try to delete other stuff to clear space and I get an error message saying I need to reboot my box. I am so disappointed in this service. Given how widespread this apparently is, I wonder if it is even fixable...

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

Is anyone tracking the networks the shows were on where this happens?   I had not had this problem in years, but recently started recording RuPaul's Drag Race and a couple have disappeared by themselves.  They record normally and  can be watched from the DVR copy while still recording but later they are just gone. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

This happens to us every few months or so. We will go from 89 percent down to 65. Old stuff is there, new stuff is gone. We call every time and they cant tell us anything except to reboot and that never works. They never tell us what happened and always seem clueless. It happened again last night. Lots of our kiddo shows and movies just gone.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

are the 'current' (older) recordings set to keep for one year? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

16 Messages

4 years ago

Add me to the list of customers with vanishing DVR recordings. Went from 86% to 44% with no warning, around 6/24/2020. The supposed one year time limit doesn't apply, as our oldest recording is from December of 2017. We did not record anything new that might have caused automatic deletions. Can my problem be investigated, please?

Frequent Visitor

• 

18 Messages

4 years ago

I still have an older non-X-1, non-Internet connected Motorola DCX3501/RNG200N DVR, which was still available when I replaced an even older one of the same model that was starting to fail. I specifically wanted this DVR for a couple reasons, one being that I could pass through the native signal from the cable without it being converted in the box, which is a sort of moot point now theat Comcast reencodes everything and converts it down to 720p anyway at the head end, although it's still a good function to have. The other reason is because it is not connected to Internet storage, and the automatic deletions after a year, which I was told can be extended another year by starting to play the video after you get a warning, which I don't know is true because I don't have an X-1 box. Anyway, I always have the shows recorded set to save until I delete, but recently I noticed that a couple of programs at least, both from CBS, were no longer on the DVR. One was a 60 Minutes program that was over a year old, and the other was a CBS Sunday Morning program that was only a month or two old. I checked my DVR history, which would at least show it for the recent program, and there's no record of it being deleted, which there would have been if I had deleted it. I wonder if there's some special under the table arrangement with CBS for this type of behavior. My DVR did recently get up over 85% full, but it should never delete a recording without warning me to delete something because it was reaching capacity. There were also a couple of electrical power interruptions for about 40 seconds and other shorter ones that rebooted the box, but again that should never affect DVR recordings. I know that I recently deleted a lot of older recordings that I didn't need anymore, and some were two or three years old, so I don't have anything before 2020 currently on the box, but that may be because I deleted them. This box is not supposed to automatically delete old recordings. Which is what it did with the 60 Minutes show, unless I deleted it and forgot. But it definitely deleted the recent CBS Sunday Morning program with no input from me and left no record of it being deleted.

Contributor

• 

531 Messages

4 years ago

To your points, the x1gv4 X1 box is really pretty good at upscaling things so you probably wouldn't miss the native resolution output (although I agree that should have been kept as an option).  And it retains your local copies of recordings even if the cloud copy is deleted for exceeding time limits.

And I solved my own mystery of deleted recordings I mention earlier - it turned out my son had watched and deleted them remotely using an app and his secondary login.   I guess we had both set the recording without noticing it was already set.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

Can someone help me please? I’m having the same issue as all of these other people and multiple recordings are being deleted for no good reason. I have plenty of storage. The recordings are not old. I pay my expensive bill to you every month and yet my DVR recordings keep disappearing. This needs to be resolved because it’s pointless to pay for a service that only works sometimes

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

3 years ago

@Abrewer00 wrote:
Can someone help me please? I’m having the same issue as all of these other people and multiple recordings are being deleted for no good reason. I have plenty of storage. The recordings are not old. I pay my expensive bill to you every month and yet my DVR recordings keep disappearing. This needs to be resolved because it’s pointless to pay for a service that only works sometimes

do you have a physical DVR in the home? 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

It just happened to me tonight.  I had several recordings including one that was recorded tonight.  I went to get ready to watch and they are all gone!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here