shimadk1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Tuesday, March 12th, 2019 11:00 PM

Closed

DVR recordings disappeared

All my recordings prior to 12/31/2018 disappeared today without me deleting them.  Is there another problem that has occurred with the cloud recordings or has the daily update just removed older recordings?

There was was sufficient space so please don't tell me that they were deleted to make room for new recordings. 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I went from 90% full to 9% full. Customer service seemed to imply that this was a unique situation. Rep suggested to me that maybe I never recorded the shows. Then suggested that the system would delete a show to make room for another - yet we lost dozens of shows. They sent a service tech out who found over 9000 modem faults, and corrected some other issues, but told me that he had no idea why our recordings would delete themselves. 

If this is a known issue, then why doesn't customer service have a clue (including the rep after it was escalated)? Any help?

Gary

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, as Che mentioned before we are working on a resolution for these missing recordings. I know how frustrating this is--I have recordings on my cable box from almost 3 years ago and I would be quite upset to see them gone. If you need assistance with what is missing please send me a private message. We'll be updating these threads with any updates from engineering regarding a fix. 

Thanks for your patience, 

Ken

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

First lost recordings. Now, recordings are truncated. Some as short as 11 minutes.

Being told "we are working on it" for over a month and marking this thread as "solved" is not a satisfying answer.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just got my new x1 and all my recording from the other are missing. I see 28 records at 95% full. I was at 88% full with probably 100 recordings. How is this possible? And most of my shows were recent with the except of some kid movies. I need this issue fixed ASAP.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

We didn’t get any satisfaction with a phone call, so we went to the Comcast center on River Rd and Craycroft where we were told to bring in our “box” for exchange. Supposedly, everything should still be in the cloud. I doubt it, but we’ll try it on Monday.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

What good would a private message do if your customer service people keep trying to put the problem as our fault and do not acknowledge that this is not an isolated issue? Thank you for letting us all know that this is a known issue as we already knew that.  Now someone at Comcast/Xfinity needs to educate the call center folks know this is a real problem and they can stArt documenting the calls and maybe then it will be fixed. 

I started this this thread because one that was started was closed with no resolution at all !!!

Regular Visitor

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

Got a voicemail saying my issue was resolved. Sadly, all those recordings that went missing are still missing. We first lost recordings about a month ago, and lost some more last week. We'll see if at least the bleeding stops now.

I filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau about this issue. They not only rejected my claim, but also lied about repeated attempts to contact me, and didn't return phone calls or emails from me when I attempted to discuss the issue. 

They claimed that recordings can be deleted "when the DVR loses connection with the back office for a long enough time, and when the DVR connects it will have lost all DVR previous recordings prior to the new recordings". Whatever that means, which in itself is not true since some older recordings remain and other newer ones from around the same period of time as the missing ones were not affected.

Anyway, good luck to all and don't expect much in the way of help or restitution!

Contributor

• 

16 Messages

5 years ago

I had more episodes disappear recently. I don't know how many but this is the second time in 2 months. I only know because I saw 1 episode of a TV show was deleted and I know I didn't watch it.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

The same this is happening to my dvr. It was only at 54% and deleted a few shows and dropped the percentage down to 49%. Do i need to replace my dvr box?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My experience has been that once the DVR is replaced, I lost ALL of my recordings.

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Movies and programs we have dvr'd keep disappearing, and are not even found under "recently deleted."  Why is this happening?  We are not anywhere close to using our capacity.  PLEASE give us an idea how to get these back--many won't be broadcast again.  Since it seems this is a problem others are having, please let us know how it's being fixed and what we can do.

Thank you!

Pierce and Dena Shannon

Huntley, IL

Regular Visitor

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

Movies and programs we have dvr's keep disappearing.  We are not close to capacity, and they are not older recordings.  Can you please let me know how to get these back???

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

YES, as I indicated, I have recorded the matches every day since the end of May.  Except for two evenings, the recording of that day would be gone the next.  They have actually disappeared from the DVR while I am "clicking" to watch the match.  Just last night we were watching the match and a 10 second commercial came on and when it was over, the match was GONE and only the Highlights of a game that aired earlier in the week were on the DVR as well as live TV.  Yes, I was still in the DVR recording.  The matches only air one time a day and the rest of the day are highlights of previous matches. I was actually watching the first part of a match that I had recorded and within 15 minutes completely disappeared while watching it.  So yes, it is recent-last nigh recent!  And I appreciate you sympathy remark that this is happening but you can NOT understand or appreciate the frustration!!! that I am feeling.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I have had Comcast for over 25 years and I know how to use your equipment and especially the DVR. First of all, I have recordings on my DVR over two years old!  I have been on the phone for hours with Comcast asking about a very specific issue with disappearing programs.  The four different people that I spoke with DID NOT EVEN KNOW THAT THE CHANNEL IN QUESTION EVEN EXISTED!!!

The channel that I am referencing is a SUBSCRIPTION ONLY channel that airs only Cricket and the World Cup has been on since May.  When I said Cricket, two of the four people actually thought that I meant the bug cricket.  Yes they did!  I scheduled a visit from a service person and got a call saying that they had fixed the issue and did I still want the person to come within the timeframe they were scheduled because they found the issue inside the box and upgraded it.  Yes they did fix it for a couple days.  But it has happened again!  Nothing else that is recorded, even the really old programs, is affected.  Since I am paying extra for this, I feel that I should be credited for the this and not charged the $14.95.

I NEED to know why a specific program on a specific channel will record and within an hour or two will completely DISAPPEAR from the DVR, and No it is not in the DELETED files for recovery. If I go to watch it, all that is there at least last night were the Highlights of a game that aired earlier in the week.  The matches only air one time a day and the rest of the day are highlights of previous matches.  I was actually watching the first part of a match that I had recorded and within 15 minutes completely disappeared while watching it.  This is a channel that I pay EXTRA for outside the package deal that I have with Comcast. I have personally contacted the Willow Channel customer support who suggested that I contact you since you are the one that broadcasts the channel. The channel is 3101.  Willow TV.  I can not be the only person who has issues with this channel.  HELP!!!  And btw....I waited "in line"  and was "next in line to chat" on my desktop while working for over 35 minutes.  Something is terribly wrong with issues that customers are having that would take the customer service reps at Xfinity to solve or there is only one person taking care of issues that arise.  If I didn't have work to do while waiting, no I would never wait that long for a customer service rep!  

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

My DVR has not deleted shows since May but now it is not fully playing back recordings.

I recorded a movie back in May and the kids said the middle was missing.  I just recently rerecorded it on June 22.  Went to watch it last night and the middle was missing again.  It was scheduled to record from 8-10:30.  The DVR lists it as only recording 112 mins.  When we pull the movie up on the App on the phone, the whole movie is there.

I have been in touch with Comcast and I have an advanced ticket pending.
Has anyone else had this issue and resolved it?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here