U

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Monday, April 15th, 2024 8:04 PM

DVR deleting hundreds of recordings

This is a bit of a long one but its gotten extremely annoying. Im losing hundreds of recordings on my dvr.

One (two) of the shows I have set to record is whose line is it anyway. Both the drew carey version and the aisha tyler version (which show up as two separate shows/series in the recordings). They are set to record new and repeat. They are to be kept until room is full.

2-4 months back i noticed that several of my recording had disappeared. They were just gone. I didnt delete them. Noone else deleted them. They were not in the recently deleted bin. They were just gone. Thus the total number of recordings for that series would go down. They would be removed from my playlist. And they were just gone...

At first i didnt think to much about it. It was an annoyance for sure. But i had 150 recordings of each series by then. So id manage. I also thought that maybe the receive box itself was malfunctioning possibly. But i already had a new receiver box being sent out to me. The one i had, i had had for probably 7~ years. And they were sending a new one with current tech so i could stream. - So i just waited for that new main box to arrive (the main box is in my room.)

When the 'new' box got here, i set it up. Once it was set up i noticed that all 150 episodes of one of the whose line series were ALL gone. All vanished. The rest of my stuff was there, but those 150 were gone. - Which i dont understand at all. comcast kept going on about everything being cloud based so it could be accessed anywhere and that recordings arnt stored on the box any more... .... Then why did i lose 150 recordings exactly when i changed the box out???????? To further that question; i suddenly had extra recordings on my list. Recordings form channels i would never watch. Some that i had no interest in. And some from well over a year+ ago that wernt mine (or anyone elses here.) ... If this is all cloud/account based, then how did both of those happen???????  To further that question... again... i suddenly had all new things set to record on top of my own. Things id never heard of. I spent quite a while tracking them all down to cancel them. .... So seriously, [Edited: "Language"] is up with that??????

However the deleting issue my whose line, did not stop. Every few days a handful of shows would be deleted. Completely gone. Not in the recently deleted bin, just gone. Episodes id recording a while ago, ones from fairly recently, even brand new episodes, all gone. In fact... it deleted all but one episode!!!!!!! I started with 150 x2 (300) and ended with 1 episode left!!!! And to top that off, there were no airing of the show for the next 2~ weeks. So i couldnt even record them again for a while.

Shortly after that i noticed that the 'new' tv box was glitching up a lot. picture going in and out, it was unable to connect to internet half the time. It would randomly go out and be unusable... It wasnt good. So i had to call in to support. They sent out a new box to replace that replacement box.

When i got the third box, i noticed right away they sent the wrong box. They sent a set top box/or extension box. One thats used to expand service to other rooms in the house. Not the main box which is in my room. (Which i said multiple times on that call.) So the third box was useless. And i had to call in yet again. Now they sent out a fourth box. (Of course they tried to charge me for that. I had to tell em there is no way im paying fees because they [Edited: "Language"] up.)

Eventually.... i got the fourth box. Set it up in my room. Of course by then, having dealt with so many boxes.. the system had errors trying to set it up, and i had to call in to get it fixed. I also asked them about all my deleted/missing recordings. They had me go through the menu and select 'dvr sync'. That did noting noticeable. And then they just said they dont know. The end.

So a little bit after all that i started to get some more whose line recordings. Since im starting from scratch, these are fresh recordings, on a new box. I had hoped this mess was finally over with. But in a few days, i noticed that my recently recorded whose line episodes are still being deleted/removed from my dvr!!! Not in the recently deleted bin, no one else deleted them. I sure didnt delete them. They are just gone. Last night i noticed another 20 episodes were just gone!

So [Edited: "Language"] is going on?!?!
Its not old episodes, these few fresh recordings. Its likely not the box, Its been replaced. So what is it???

Also worth noting, its only the two whose line series that iv noticed being deleted. Nothing else. It seems very targeted/specific.

Official Employee

• 

889 Messages

5 months ago

@user_612f40
Hello! Thank you for your detailed post. That definitely helps us narrow down possible causes. This sounds like there is an issue in communication between your DVR and the cloud. Please, send a DM to "Xfinity Support" with your name and address so we can look into this further. Thank you!

Here are the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page) or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here