Carl_Bergstrom's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Monday, September 7th, 2020 8:00 PM

Closed

DVR cuts off before the end of program

I've been recording Formula 1 Auto races, comentary, practice sesions and such with the X1 DVR. On every single one of eight or nine programs so far, the recording ends between five and fifteen minutes before the end of the broadcast program. This is very irratating and makes the DVR feature pretty much worthless.

How can I fix it so I can record the whole program?

If it can't be fixed how do I get a refund for a useless feature?

Thanks.

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

I did find the Record Options - Thank You. What I am seeing is 1 or 3 minutes I can add to the start and 30 minutes or an hour I can add to the end. This may work out - I'm trying it this weekend.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Recording two shows to get the end of one? That hardly seems like a reasonable answer... Some of the time the recording starts 30 seconds or a minute late. I suppose if I want to be sure to get the start and the end I have to record three shows to get one, That's utter rubbish.

Video recording isn't rocket science. Why doesn't Comcast/Xfinity stop counting their money long enough to fix their technonlgy?

Contributor

• 

279 Messages

4 years ago

I always use the record options and add the extra 3 minutes to the end of my recordings. That works for all my shows and movies. Sporting events sometimes run over their alloted time and there isn't much a dvr can do about that

Contributor

• 

279 Messages

4 years ago

@Carl_Bergstrom wrote:

I did find the Record Options - Thank You. What I am seeing is 1 or 3 minutes I can add to the start and 30 minutes or an hour I can add to the end. This may work out - I'm trying it this weekend.

Sometimes for sporting events it will let you add on more than 1 hour. Not sure but I think it will allow you up to 2 hours maybe more. Depends on how long it is scheduled for. If it is like 3 hours long it might allow you to add more than an hour. check it out. good luck

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

When we had DirectTV we could add up to 3 hours of extension. Seems like there's no pattern to the extension options with Comcast. Sometimes it's a few minutes, rarely a full hour. The US Open Men's Final ran longer than the 30 minutes (max allowed) past the scheduled time and we missed most of the 5th set and the tiebreaker. (Why Comcast would think that the final of a major championship might only last 3 hours is a mystery, but that's another story.) Formula One races also cut off. Hopefully someone from Comcast reads these posts. Thanks for the suggestion to record the following program, but we agree that this workaround is rubbish.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here