SoylentG's profile

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 6:14 AM

Closed

DVR Canceled all scheduled recordings

Came home to watched my recorded shows after work and the 2 shows I had scheduled for tonight were not recorded and my schedule has no future recordings scheduled even though I have 10+ series I've been recording for years. I was checking my schedule to make sure there weren't any conflicts a day or two ago and everything was scheduled, so it must have happened today.  I restarted and then system refreshed... nothing has returned.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

2 years ago

Oh my! I am sorry to hear that has happened with your recordings. I record everything since my kids take over the TV when I am off work so that is the only way I can see the shows I love. Have you checked the recently deleted? 

Recover a Deleted Program

1. Press the xfinity button on your remote control.
  2. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Saved.
  3. Use the arrow buttons to highlight Recordings then arrow down to Recently Deleted.
  4. Use the arrow buttons to select the deleted program to recover and press OK.
  5. Select Recover and press OK to restore the program.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

This just happened to me as well, though it seems a restart of the box caused my issue. I was watching a recorded show and while I was fast forwarding through commercials, it stopped and an error message came up saying there was some issue. The box then turned itself off and restarted, which took longer than a normal restart of the box. I didn’t realize it at first, but just noticed all my scheduled recordings are gone except for 2 shows. 

Contributor

• 

62 Messages

2 years ago

This just happened to me tonight as well. I found this solution posted by another user in a different thread and it worked for me. Hope it works for you too if you haven’t yet gotten them set back up.

“One way or another, get into device settings and make the change there -- Device Settings, and selecting "Sync DVR"!! I am using the XFinity console connected to our TV, but others have had to find Device Settings elsewhere if using a different XFinity source. Hope that helps, Bworld1”

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here