U

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Wednesday, February 9th, 2022 9:53 PM

Closed

Dolby Atmos on Streaming Apps (Netflix, Disney+)

I am only receiving 5.1 audio (No Dolby Atmos) on the streaming apps.  I am receiving 4K & Dolby Atmos for the Olympics so I know it is not an issue with my Samsung TV, Denon receiver or XG1V4A cable box.  Sound is set to Expert Audio.  Does Comcast/Xfinity support Dolby Atmos in these apps?

Accepted Solution

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I just asked this same question and was told that the Netflix app on the XG1v4 does NOT support Atmos. I have found that the Prime app does support Atmos, so this also points to being Netflix app specific. I also have an Xi6/Flex box and the Netflix app DOES support Atmos on that box. 

Problem Solver

• 

828 Messages

3 years ago

@user_9bcc87

Thank you for the post <edit/grammar> and sharing your question with the community.

Not all shows and movies can get Dolby ATMOS. To find TV shows and movies that support Dolby ATMOS on your X1, use the Search field within the on-screen guide, or simply say "Dolby Atmos" using your Xfinity Voice Remote. 

To enable Dolby Atmos on X1:

Once you have connected your Dolby ATMOS compatible stereo system to your X1 TV Box via an HDMI cable, visit Settings > Device Settings > Audio > HDMI Audio Output and select Expert Mode.

(edited)

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

Did you even read my post?  Your response is useless.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

From my research online it does seem to help others to do the previous steps as mentioned but that you may need to reinstall the app on your TV once completing those steps. Per https://comca.st/3uEBbj9, you would need:

• A Netflix plan that supports streaming in Ultra HD.

•  

A Netflix-capable device that can play Dolby Atmos.

•  

A Dolby Atmos-capable audio system.

•  

Streaming quality set to High or Auto.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

I can play Netflix through my Samsung apps and get Dolby Atmos just not through the Xfinity apps Netflix app. I can also get Dolby Atmos through the Xfinity Olympics coverage.  Dolby Atmos does not work on any of the Xfinity apps including Disney+. Works fine through my Samsung native tv apps.   So I ask again, does Xfinity support Dolby Atmos through the Xfinity apps?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_9bcc87 Gotcha! I understand your question. I may need to double check the model of your box. Some boxes are not compatible with the Dolby Atmos sound; which would then in turn open the Apps under that box. Can you please shoot me your name and service address so I can take a look?

To send a "Peer to peer" message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

My box is compatible.  As I mentioned in this thread, I am receiving the Olympics in 4K and Dolby Atmos.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I understand you're frustration. I have a Comcast 4K box and when it was set to expert mode I was getting prime video and HBO Max in Atmos. I was not getting Disney or Netflix. Just for fun I switched it to Dolby digital mode and guess what... Netflix now comes through an Atmos as does HBO Max and prime video. Still am not getting Atmos through Disney.

I am connecting HDMI out from the box to HDMI in on the Vizio atmos soundbar I have... Then I run the earc cable from the soundbar to the arc cable on my Sony Bravia.

I do not get atmos  when I am not using the Comcast box and just streaming from the built-in TV apps to the soundbar via HDMI ARC.  I'd love to know why it doesn't work this way. Anyway, I'll never understand it and I played around with it too much... I also updated all of the streaming apps to make sure that the current versions were in place. Anyway I hope this helps. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

1 Message

You need to make sure you have a HDMI cable with ethernet( it will say it on the cable) or a 2.0 HDMI from the tv to sound bar. I have the same equipment you have. That works for me. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

2 years ago

I just got a Xi6-T box and same trouble.  No issues with atmos to same setup via a roku box and all the apps, but through xfinity box only atmos works on amazon prime and netflix (but only if i disable expert mode).  Disney app and HBO max are not allowing atmos (only show 5.1 options), even if I turn on expert mode.  Was really hoping to have a centralized box for simplicity.  Looks like that isn't happening...

This needs to be fixed.  Poor experience and service from xfinity app support.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

842 Messages

I can understand the frustrations and for that I am sorry this is your experience. I have found that some networks are not allowing Atmos options. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

HBO Max should work as well with Atmos. It's just Disney that really doesn't do anything. And I still don't understand why with the streaming apps on my Smart TV none of them come through in Atmos they only convert to 5.1 dolby. digital.  Anybody else out there have any thoughts

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here