dbvirago2's profile

Contributor

• 

106 Messages

Thursday, September 22nd, 2022 10:49 AM

Closed

Disappearing Sound on Peacock

The only show I currently watch on Peacock is AGT, so don't know if it is specific to that show or the network. This has happened three times over the last few weeks. I'm watching AGT and mute the commercials. It will work as expected for a while, but then when I unmute, there is no sound. If I switch to another show, sound is normal. Rebooting the system does not help. After a few days, sound will resume as normal. 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

2 years ago

Hi, dbvirago2. Thank you for taking the time to bring this to our attention. I defentiley understand how having a sound issue can be major inconvienince, especially when trying to watch AGT! With that said, it would be our pleasure to look into this for you. Just to confirm, are you getiing any error codes or error messages along with this issue? If so, what are they? 

Contributor

• 

106 Messages

2 years ago

No. Everything seems normal, just no sound. This is the only show and network where I have this issue

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

I apologize for the confusion on my part. I could have sworn I read that the issue was happening on a Flexbox, I am sorry about that. Just to confirm, You've only noticed the issue on the Main DVR box? The reason why I ask is because if the issue is only happening on one box then that could rule out the fact that it might be an issue with the network. 

Yes, when you get a chance, please let us know the status of the sound on the main box. We can definitely look into the Resume option once we pinpoint what is causing this sound issue. 

I no longer work for Comcast

Contributor

• 

106 Messages

Still no sound, 3 days later. 

Problem Solver

• 

385 Messages

Thank you for letting us know. I am sad to read you are still having issues with the sound. We can help. 

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address? Our team can most definitely take a further look at this issue.

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://comca.st/3SqGFXe
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

Contributor

• 

106 Messages

Thank you, but I've decided that it's more trouble than it's worth to finish watching that show. The current practice of bouncing shows between networks and streaming apps is not working and I hope the networks figure that out soon. There is a battle going between traditional cable and streaming apps and consumers are the ones getting screwed. If Comast doesn't want to go the way of Blockbuster, they need to figure out a solution. If I have to cherry pick what I want to watch from a growing variety of streaming apps, and Xfinity can't even act as an aggregator allowing us easy access, then why we need them? 

On that same note, please read the instructions you sent me as an average user needing help. Convoluted and unnecessarily complex. Wouldn't it be better for your customers if this got escalated from within this app, or the issue got forward to the 'team'? 

Problem Solver

• 

493 Messages

2 years ago

I see. Thank you for sharing those details with me. Just to confirm, do you have more than 1 Flex box? If so, is it happening on all boxes at the same time? 

Contributor

• 

106 Messages

2 years ago

Not sure what you mean by flex box. This is happening on my main dvr box. On the second box, sound is working this morning, but it also had the other problem I reported a while back in that it doesn't remember where I was in which show. Resume is not an option. I'll check the main box later today. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here