mcf57's profile

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

Friday, June 28th, 2024 2:31 AM

did I get the right box?

I recently chatted with xfinity online to ask about getting a cable box. They told me it was $10/month and included 20hrs of cloud recording. I went ahead and ordered it and they said it would be shipped.

I got the box today and hooked it up, but I am thinking they gave me the wrong box. It doesn’t seem to have anywhere in the menus about accessing recordings. When I press “record” on the remote, nothing happens. Channels also look like SD and it’s a small box.

Below is a picture of what they sent me. Is this a cloud enabled box or maybe one of their basic boxes for additional TVs. Is this the right box for what I wanted?

Problem Solver

• 

359 Messages

3 months ago

Yes, that looks like a satellite box used for additional TVs when you already have a primary X1 box.

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

3 months ago

Hello mcf57, I hope you've had a great week and your weekend has been nice and relaxing. Depending on your service, your box may need to be updated. I can review your account to confirm your service and equipment. In order to get started can you please send a direct message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right? Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here