user_6q2w3e's profile

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

Friday, July 19th, 2024 7:25 PM

Deleted scheduled recordings keep coming back

I set our DVR to record all Olympics shows as a series, with the idea that I would delet the ones that we don't want to batch.

The recordings for channels PRIS1 and PRIS2 keep coming back after I delete them, no matter how many times I delete them.  (The other channels are working correctly.)

What is causing this?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

2 months ago

"delete the ones that we don't want to watch"

Contributor

• 

93 Messages

2 months ago

go into the menu and look for the sync function, that will rid the listing of those pesky programs

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

@westwayneguy88888​ I did that numerous times.  Unfortunately, it doesn't help.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Didn't help me either

8 Messages

2 months ago

Just wanted to let you know you're not alone and it's happening to me too. At first I thought I was just going crazy. I wish there was a way to set where I never recorded anything on those two channels.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_7n695l Thank you for reaching out to our community forum so we can investigate teh recordings that won't delete. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

837 Messages

2 months ago

@user_6q2w3e Thanks for taking the time to post on our Community Forums. Have you already tried using the Xfinity app or visiting our website to run the troubleshooting diagnostics on your TV box? There may be a correction that the system can help with there as well. From the home screen, select Services, and under TV & Streaming, select Troubleshoot with a dropdown of common issues. 

8 Messages

Considering that it is only happening with events that are scheduled on these new channels PRIS1 and 2, I don't think it's something that needs to be troubleshooted on the box. I think there's something with those channels where they keep refreshing their content. I wish there was a way to tell it to never record anything on those two channels

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

I've tried a lot of different things, but none of them have helped.  I think there's something seriously wrong with how these new channels (PRIS1 & PRIS2) were set up by Xfinity.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

The content may still be refreshing since the Olympics have not started yet. You can just set up what you would like to watch or view content on Peacock as well. In the meantime we will submit your feedback regarding what you are seeing. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

I see we have no answers yet.

I guess I'll be spending several hours each day deleting unwanted programs after they've been recorded, in order to avoid filling up the DVR and losing the programs that I do want to see.

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

same here.  on multiple channels.  it does not matter how many times i delete all future recordings - it is still recording. 

2 Messages

1 month ago

I am having this exact issue as well. 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Good afternoon @user_6vl0tl, and happy Friday! We're sorry to hear that you are experiencing issues with your DVR recordings as well and assure you that you've reached the right team to help. How long has this issue been occurring? Is it happening to recordings on a specific channel or multiple channels?

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

To quote what I've already posted:

"I set our DVR to record all Olympics shows as a series, with the idea that I would delete the ones that we don't want to watch.

The recordings for channels PRIS1 and PRIS2 keep coming back after I delete them, no matter how many times I delete them.  (The other channels are working correctly.)"

It is only these two channels that I cannot successfully delete scheduled records for.  Unfortunately, that's literally hundreds of entries.

Based on the posts, I'm far from the only person who is having this problem with PRIS1 & PRIS2.

2 Messages

Same for me. It’s ANNOYING and sickening.

1 Message

1 month ago

Same here! Very frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

@user_o4bijx Thank you for letting us know about the scheduled recordings so we can help you find a resolution. Are you able to perform a system refresh and let me know if that helps? 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityEmilyB​ With this many people  experiencing the same issue, it’s not an “us” issue 

2 Messages

Did

1. system refresh, then

2. sync dvr

STILL no improvement.

i tried to delete recordings I don’t want. It just continually “un”cancels.

Official Employee

• 

791 Messages

user_5fc905 thank you for bringing your experience with this issue to our attention. Have you already attempted to troubleshoot your video equipment?

1 Message

1 month ago

Having the same issue. We hit onlyNBC and it is recording on different channels. Now we have over 732 series. Xfinity has identified each individual event. What the Heck!  How to delete all without going in to each event??   Frustrated 

8 Messages

And I learned this morning that even those events that I had marked to cancel ended up recording overnight so I woke up to a ton of stuff I didn't want, and had to sit there and delete. I'm going to just have to go in there periodically and delete whatever I don't want as it's recording or after the fact, before my DVR fills up. And here I thought this was going to be the easier option than searching for five different channels for the one type of event I actually want to watch

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

At least the actual recordings seem to stay deleted, unlike the scheduled recordings.

But the lack of help for this issue is very frustrating.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

I am having the exact same issue and experience. I did the exact same thing (only set up a series recording on NBC) and got the same result (it set up more than 800 recordings on ALL channels) and the "delete all future recordings" option does NOT work no matter how many times I try on any of the individual event recordings. Xfinity chat has been beyond useless. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

user_6q2w3e Thanks for posting on our community forums. I'm sorry to hear the DVR recordings are coming back after deleting them. Have you tried rebooting the box manually or through the Xfinity App to see if that helps? 

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

AT least once a day (it's the only way I've found to reclaim the space used by deleted webDVR recordings).

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

1 month ago

Same here, this is a nightmare

1 Message

1 month ago

We are having a similar issue. Set it to record the opening ceremonies and clicked record series and now my scheduled recordings list has hundreds and hundreds of listings that can only be deleted individually and even that doesn’t seem to stick. We want to cancel the whole series recording, but there is no way to do so. This is not an individual box issue, Xfinity. 

1 Message

We deleted all future recordings (of course they still appeared as scheduled recordings). As a last resort went to On Demand - Settings - System Restore. It worked!

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

I did a system refresh and then it let me cancel them but only one at a time.  It let me cancel the series on the Xfinity Stream app but it never showed up on the actual DVR.  One thing you can do is modify the series recording to only Keep One Episode on the Record Options and then it shouldn't fill the DVR. Xfinity needs to fix this. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @user_oadvr8, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Olympics recording content. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

If you have a series of recordings scheduled you can view your scheduled recordings which should display future recording events. From here, you can quickly and easily view the scheduled recordings and cancel the events that you do not wish to record. 

You can also visit our Xfinity Stream App or web portal where you can also view your future recordings and cancel the recordings that way as well.

3 Messages

How do you “quickly and easily “ delete hundreds of recordings one by one?! This is ridiculous and very frustrating!

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ There are more than 800 recordings schedule. Recommending that we individually delete the recordings we don't want is completely impractical! Oh, and they keep coming back anyway!

1 Message

1 month ago

Same here.  I've deleted scheduled recordings multiple times, but they keep recording regardless.  Tried deleting them through the app and on the TV with no luck.  At this point I don't want to watch the Olympics and am setting a reminder alarm to delete the Olympic recording's every few hours.  

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_fbeop7 Good morning! Thank you for reaching out to our Community Forums Team for assistance with your recordings. I'm happy to assist you in getting this ironed out. Can you please send a Direct Message with your name, the name on your account, and the service address we will be working with today? 

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it

2 Messages

1 month ago

I'm glad to know it's not just me but completely frustrated with Xfinity. I spent an hour deleting 400+ recordings last night because 1. It won't let you delete ALL future recordings and 2. I don't want to watch every minute of the Olympics. Then woke up this morning for ALL of the recordings to show as scheduled again. Seems like Xfinity set this up to try and force us all to have to upgrade our DVR plans. And yes, I've tried a system refresh and trouble shooting. Nothing has worked. 

3 Messages

1 month ago

Same issue.. wanted to record nbc and like you all said I now have hundreds of scheduled recordings that won’t accept delete future recordings… manual deleting them to have them appear again is frustrating 

hey xfinity, tell us how we can cancel ALL Olympic recordings at once

8 Messages

I tried that at one point and it marked a whole bunch of stuff as deleted and yet I woke up and it had recorded anyway. I just give up and I resigned myself to the fact that I will be deleting items as they record for the next two weeks. Never again.

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

@user_7n695l This is not the experience we want for you. This is not how your services were intended to work. Lets troubleshoot this and find the isue and a permanent fix. Two weeks is too long to wake up and re-delete recordings. l would like to troubleshoot to resolve this for you. This way we can get a report started on this issue. 
Can you please direct message me your first and last name along with your full service address so that I can assist you further?
Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:
• Click "Sign In" if necessary
• Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
• Press Enter to send your message

Contributor

• 

20 Messages

I did that already on July 19th, but I've done it again.

Truthfully, I'm expecting no help in this matter.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityKei​ I sent a direct message to support on Saturday 7/27/24. It is now Monday 7/29/24 and I have not received a response.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@theskiman​ Updating, still no response to my message sent 10 days ago regarding this issue.

2 Messages

1 month ago

I’ve been on the phone for 30 minutes now and the rep has no clue. I’ve pointed out that clearly this is a system issue due to this thread but nobody seems aware of it.

@xfinity you need to do something 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hi there @user_fubyj6. I am sorry to hear that you are having troubles with your DVR. You are in the right place and we are happy to assist you today.

Please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

Let me know if you have any questions.

4 Messages

1 month ago

Yes, nightmare. I set it to record NBC and there are hundreds of PRIS1 and 2 recordings scheduled that ignore “delete future recordings.” Here I sit, cancelling scheduled recordings one by one.  Xfinity, how can we turn off the series recording? Please? Thank you.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Hello, @user_6q2w3e. Have you attempted the following steps?

1. Select Saved from the Main Menu.
  2. Choose Scheduled.
  3. Select a scheduled recording to cancel.
  4. Select Record Options.
  5. On the pop up, choose Cancel.
  6. Select All future recordings.

New Poster

• 

12 Messages

@XfinityGabby​ This solution does NOT work. Selecting "all future recordings" does NOT cancel all future recordings--it does NOTHING.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

THIS DOES NOT WORK!!

3 Messages

1 month ago

This is ridiculous. Even programs I manually deleted last night came back this morning and recorded … Hundreds of recordings scheduled.

xfinity, you need to figure out how to cancel this series! 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @user_hvyj3g! Our engineers have identified an issue where some customers are seeing deleted recordings reappear in the recordings list. We apologize for any inconvenience or frustration that may have been caused by this issue, our engineers are working to get this issue resolved as soon as possible.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here