U

Sunday, July 28th, 2024 5:26 AM

Delete future recordings not working

I recorded one episode of the Olympics and want to cancel all future recordings. I cancel separately but they still keep loading. There are so many events and it is recording everything. I have done the step to cancel, and rebooted but still recording.

Please help...thank you !

1 Message

2 months ago

We have the same issue! Our recordings have gone rogue and we can’t stop it. What’s the fix??

Official Employee

• 

4K Messages

Hello, @Janie241! Thanks for reaching out to us on the forums! I apologize to hear of the issues you are having with the DVR recording everything related to the Olympics instead of specific events. We can certainly have a closer look into this to see what can be causing the problem and create a ticket if we are not able to get this resolved. Could you kindly click on the Direct Message icon located at the top right corner of the page? Then, click on the pen and pad icon, and enter "Xfinity Support" in the "To" section of the chat. Please provide us with your first and last name, along with your full address, so that we can offer you further assistance.

(edited)

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

2 months ago

Me too.

On Saturday, I spent over an hour and a half working via my tablet with what I suspected was an Xfinity human-assisted bot to help me clear this problem.

It forced a restart of my cable box, but that didn't help. They said they could adjust my recordings from their end, and that after a couple of hours, the unwanted future recordings would be gone. I was assured by whoever was helping me that it would be taken care of, but everything is still recording.

My whole DVR system is a mess with conflicts, including ones within the Olympic programming itself. I don't know what to do at this point, but I may even try... a phone call. I know, I know... what a unique concept.

Here I go... from on fire to on hold.

4 Messages

Update: there was no live person at 800-934-6489. And there was no dynamic queue via phone. I am now supposedly in the queue for a callback. My optimism is waning, but we'll see.

4 Messages

I'm simply amazed as the women's sabre fencing finals continue to record... But wait! Soon, it'll be time for France vs. Norway in Men's Handball! I hope someone will help so that I can try to plan a good recording process... I've been deleting these one by one as they happen, but if unmonitored, it fills up the entire DVR space.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey, @Myrrhmade - Thanks for sharing your similar concerns on this post. May I have you share the steps you've been taking to delete those future recordings, please? I just want to make sure we're not missing anything. And if we need to pull up your account to run some diagnostics, we're happy to do so (and will ask for you to send us a direct message if necessary). Thank you for your time!

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

2 months ago

Same for me. I have tried doing this with the X1 device (painfully slow), the mobile Stream app, and the web. None of those methods work and the device records every Olympic related event filling up my X1 with a lot of content I don't want.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_hx1rzx Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum I’m sorry to hear you’re having trouble canceling recordings on your X1 DVR. It sounds frustrating, especially with the device not responding as expected. This articial on our Xfinity website provides a step-by-step guide to help you cancel those unwanted recordings: Cancel a series recording on X1 Please let us know if you have any questions or issues with this process. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here